(Closed) Future & Past Maggie Sottero Karena Royale Brides

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@steph6513: I love how the sweetheart looks. I can’t wait for mine! Did they alter it into a sweetheart for you? if so, how much was that alteration? 

Post # 33
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am a Karena Royale Bride

I absolutely could not have been happier.  I did get bra cups sown in.  I was going to have it latered to sweatheart, but decided it was not worth it, and it looked great without the added expense.  I have a video as well if you are interested in seeing it.

Post # 34
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

What is the construction like in this dress? Does it have boning and support inside? Did brides wear bras with it, or does it have enough support on its own?

Post # 35
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I did not wear a bra, I did have bra cups sown in, because it looked better being a little more fitted.  I could have worn it without, but it seemed slightly gapey (sp?) without.  Has a little boning and support, but not too much.  My wedding was destination, and I was so happy how well it travelled, and how comfortable I was in it. 

Post # 37
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I am not a Karena Royale Bride, but it was one of my top picks for sure.  I know that if I had picked it , I wouldn’t have regretted it. It is beautiful and I rarely ever see a bride look less than beautiful in it. 

Post # 39
563 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Oo.. I am too!!! I think I want to switch out the belt but am not sure quite yet :0)

Post # 40
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

First dress I tried on and I fell in love with it! I had boob cups sewn in as well. the structure is amazing-it is VERY flattering and you can get it as tight as you want! I had the french bustle put in as well-its very cute with it! I took the inlcuded brooch off and added my own vintage starburst brooch in gold which I think matched it perfectly! I got the ivory with light gold. I felt amazing in my dress and surprisingly i got more compliments on it from men than I did women! Mine was size 8 but I had to get the panel slightly moved because of my widenes-but it fit me perfectly everywhere else-I am 5’5 and weigh roughly 145. The second picture was my “Bridezilla Moment”. Everyoen kept coming in to look at me and I was angry lol

Post # 42
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I tried this dress on and loved it so much.

I didn’t get it because no one loved it as much as I did and because after adding sleeves it would be over my budget.

I regret it so much now and I have just under 11 weeks to go, no time to change my mind and a dress I don’t love. 🙁

Post # 44
2 posts
Wannabee

@steph6513:  Hi, this is exactly what I’m looking for! It looks great on you! Did you have any trouble or misgivings with the dress?

Post # 45
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Hi guys,

Ok so my wedding is coming up, and I’m in a bit of a different situation from you guys, in that I don’t really get to try on the dress (you can try on normal wedding dresses but not branded ones because nobody stocks ‘named’ bridal dresses on this little island…..everything is by order. You see it, you like it, you send in measurements and order it…..seven months later…voila!) But, I have definitely chosen the Karena Royale……my bridal consultant (who is ordering my dress) reccomends that the ivory over light gold would look amazing on my complexion (I can’t think of anybody who is my complexion to use as a reference…maybe Zoe Saldana…LOL)……I see a couple of you ladies went with/ or tried on this colour……any advice to offer? Was the ivory on gold less ‘weddingy’ than the white or even the ivory/ivory? How did you decide on colour? It looks like a very light/pale gold in the pictures, is that how it really is? Feel free to PM me pics……I would love to see….I have a week to make my decision Embarassed

Post # 46
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I tried this dress on today with a sweetheart neckline and LOVED it, i added a jeweled sash. I am also going to have it altered as a fit and flare, i loved how simple the dress looked so that I could add a jeweled belt and some bling accessories and I loved the scalloping on the neckline and back, but I want something more form fitting, if anyone has any pictures of it as a fit and flare please send my way! Thank you!

Post # 47
866 posts
Busy bee

I had a replica of this dress made, i was pleased with how it turned out.

edit.. hmm i can’t seem to add pictures right now, i will keep trying

Post # 49
866 posts
Busy bee

My Karena Royale replica

Post # 50
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@WillowTreeWade: That looks so good, you must have been so pleased with it. I love the Karena.

The topic ‘Future & Past Maggie Sottero Karena Royale Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors