(Closed) FYI:: Postage Rates Going Up 1/22/12! Buy Forever Stamps Now :)

posted 6 years ago in Money
Post # 3
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

This is going to sound extremely silly .. but just want to make sure .. if you go ahead and order now then you can still use them because they are “forever”.  I thought I had heard somewhere that they were doing away with those.

These are the ones we are using:

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10052&productId=10007425&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10000003&top_category=10000003&categoryId=10000031&top=&currentPage=4&sort=&viewAll=N&rn=CategoriesDisplay&WT.ac=10007425

Post # 4
3982 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

You can still use those stamps but as postage is going up, you will still have to make up the difference. Buying those stamps now wont save you any money unfortunatley. I thought they would and then the woman at the post office informed me as to how wrong I was… sadly.

Post # 6
282 posts
Helper bee

so they will have 1 cent stamps to use to add to those .. i already purchased some for STD and had approx 40 left over .. but I’m NOT sending out invitations before the end of January

Post # 8
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

So, If I mail something with a 2011 Forever stamp, it will still be good after January 22nd, correct? This is what the post office told me….

Post # 9
282 posts
Helper bee

haha at this point in time I am soooo confused .. it doesn’t take much

Post # 10
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@bestwishes: me too…..I have not been a bridezilla yet, but she will come out tomorrow at the post office if need be….I stamped AND sealed all of my invites today with the Forever stamp…….

Post # 11
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

If you have a regular stamp you would have to make up the difference. If you buy forever stamps you won’t. The liberty bell is a forever stamp, so it’s always good no matter what the current price of stamps are. 

Post # 13
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

@bestwishes:  Looks like it is a forever stamp since it says forever at the top.

Post # 14
282 posts
Helper bee

@MissAsB-well just checking, thanks

Post # 14
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Yes, and you can use it forever as long as what your mailing is not going international and does not weigh more then 1 ounce

Post # 15
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My post office told me if iI buy a forever stamp  before 1/22,I can put them on my invitations in June and not pay any more. They said that is the theory behind the “forever” stamp, that they will be good forever no matter how high postage may go.

Hoping my weight of the invitation stays down and I can get away sending them at regular rate

The topic ‘FYI:: Postage Rates Going Up 1/22/12! Buy Forever Stamps Now :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors