(Closed) Gah! I just ate moldy bread!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
Member
1750 posts
Buzzing bee

@BabyBoecksMom: lol…this is kind of funny. You ate all of it before you discovered it was a little old? I doubt that its harmful but it is kind of gross:0)

Post # 4
Member
2815 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I accidentally ate a swiss cake roll that had mold on it once.  I haven’t had one since!

Post # 8
Member
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m sure you will be fine unless you:

A. Ate an entire loaf.

B. Ate an excessive amount of mold.

πŸ™‚

Post # 9
Member
1144 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m not pregnant but last night I made vegetarian lasagna after eating it I went to throw away my mess and realized the cottage cheese I just bought and used in the lasagna expired Dec 27th! Eww but I’m fine and I will be taking the carton with reciept back to the store today. How do you sell expired cottage cheese! Gross

Post # 11
Member
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

A few days ago, I noticed that my water bottle had gunk in it, possibly mold. This was after using it non stop for days/week. I flipped out and talked about it on another message board. I was more worried about my watermelon seed than anything else since I’m 6 weeks right now. As they described it, the baby’s in a biological bunker. I got a new water bottle that needs to go through the dishwasher a few times to get rid of the plastic smell. It’s also easier to wash than my old one. I’m on major flip out mode until we get to see my little seed on the 12th.

 

Post # 12
Member
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

You’ll be fine! haha I can think of the times I’ve noticed mold after I ate some of the food, and I’m sure I’ve eaten mold a ton more times than that. I think it has to be certain kinds of mold to be harmful and you probably need to eat lots of it. I hate when that happens tho…

Post # 13
Member
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

My husband has been known for knowingly eating moldy bread. Based on this scientific  research that happens in my own home, you should be fine πŸ™‚

Post # 14
Member
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@BoiledPNut: I did the same thing.  Haven’t touched one since either.

Post # 15
Hostess
11246 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@BabyBoecksMom: Not at all, just felt sick at the thought of what I’d ate. (It’s spoilage bacteria type mould so it wont make you sick not pathogenic like salmonella etc)

Post # 16
Member
11392 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

My husband has also knowingly ate moldy bread. He picks the moldy part off but still.. You should be fine! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Gah! I just ate moldy bread!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors