(Closed) Gap between Brunch reception & After party Big Deal?

posted 9 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I think this sounds fine.  Yes, people get annoyed with the downtime between ceremonies and receptions, but this sounds like a fun idea.  This give people the chance to do a little sight-seeing or to rest.  This also gives people the chance to change for the different venue.  It will give you and your FH the time to relax and let the "OMG – we’re married" thing soak in for a few hours.  Man!  I wish we would have thought of this and had a venue that would have accomodated this.

Post # 4
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I think this is a special circumstance where is perfectly okay to have a time gap! As a guest, I definitely won’t mind some down time, taking a nap and probably reshowering and getting ready for the night!

Post # 5
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

i think the gap is only annoying when its 3 or 4 hours.  3 hours is not enough time to go back to the hotel and take a nap, and I definitely dont want to site see in heels…

it sounds like youre having less of a ‘gap’ and more of a part III to the wedding celebration.  and its sounds like the break is several hours…which would be enough time to nap or site see or change into club clothes…sounds like lots of fun…really good idea… 

Post # 6
1016 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

It seems like you’ve found a really wonderful way to celebrate and include everyone and the elements that will be fun for you and your guests.  As long as you give everyone the heads up I don’t think there should be any problems!  And I agree with IA_Snowflake – what a nice chance to be able to spend quality time with your new husband before continuing the celebration!

Post # 8
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think you are right that your guests could use the gap as down time. I know that I would appreciate having time to go to my hotel and relax for awhile. I think your plan is great!

The invitations and the Out of Town bags will absolutely be enoughh to help them plan what to do with their time. 

Post # 9
997 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel

I agree that your gap is long enough that it gives people time to actually do something else (take a nap, sightsee etc.) vs a 2-hour gap which might be more difficult to work with.  I think it’s fine!

Post # 10
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

The extra insert is probably perfect.  It invites everyone and it gives them the head’s up with plenty of time to know what’s going on.

Post # 11
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

This is actually what I want to do! Small intimate ceremony and brunch reception and then big after party with drinking and heavy appetizers!

Theknot actually did a feature on something like this for my city. As part of the invitation they included a list of fun touristy things to do or see before the evening events, and information on different historical things. Very cute idea.

I think I would do something along those lines, but not necessarily an OTT bag because not everyone is going to want to do site seeing in between. Some people may want to nap, or visit with other family members/friends. I would hate to go through the hassle and then not really have them used, ya know?

The topic ‘Gap between Brunch reception & After party Big Deal?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors