Post # 32
@candykristina: that is an amazing quote
@ImaStarr: love the cake
@Rachel631: I lobe my 2 cats so much, but SO is allergic so no kitties for us :-/
@housebee: cute ideas
Post # 33
- Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor
Darling Husband is a chemical engineer, so we gave out loose tea in test tubes as our favors 🙂
Post # 34
@Laurenplusalex: What will happen to your cats when you move in together?
Darling Husband is slightly allergic to our cats as well. I’m mean… I make him live with it!
Post # 35
@Rachel631: They are family cats, and will stay with my parents when I leave. I will visit (and likely Skype)
Post # 36
@Laurenplusalex: OK, that’s not so bad. I was imagining them being given away!
Post # 37
@Rachel631: no, not a chance. After SO, they are my loves.
Post # 38
@Laurenplusalex: Darling Husband says he is actively jealous of mine, because he suspects I love them more than him. It isn’t true, of course… but it’s a close thing!
I especially love my boy cat. He is the other man in our relationship… or ex-man, seeing as he now lacks boy parts, LOL!
Post # 39
We’re having a “nerdy” wedding, it’s “Us” themed so pretty much video games and fun 🙂 Some of these maybe a little “over the top” or not very chic but i’ll list out what we’re doing :
– 8bit sunglasses for everyone
– Starcraft 2 terran theme song for groom’s walk
– Game of thones theme for recessional
– Readings (read from the actual books):
* The Lovely Love Story by Edward Monkton
* Union by Robert Fulghum
* Your Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton
– Book/paper flower bouquets
– Bridal party is wearing custom Converse high tops (girls are in teal/gray. boys are in orange/gray)
– Tiny origami stars rather than confetti
– 2 different custom viewmasters per table from Image3D.com (1 of baby pictures, 1 of dating pictures)
– Custom printed menus with a “wedding word search” on the back
– DIY wine bottle candles with custom labels as centerpieces (Starcraft 2 themed wine labels)
– Escort cards are lego minifigures with plastic speech bubbles saying each guest’s name
– Wedding cake topper is the “Lego Wedding Favor Set”
– Wedding favor is a shot glass printed with a mario “1up mushroom”
Post # 40
We had nerdy elements! We put references in our vows that were geeky and used music from geeky shows/movies I like for some of our important songs.
Also, the groomsmen all had nerdy cufflinks:
And Darling Husband drew me a comic book of our relationship as one of my gifts:
And because my Darling Husband is a huge Star Wars geek,
My Star Wars garter:
Our cake toppers:
And the “special guest” I surprised my Darling Husband with at our reception:
Oh, and our nerdy themed guest book:
Post # 41
love all the inspiration – we’re having a few geeky touches, mainly Doctor Who/TARDIS related, but a few other things as well.
Post # 42
We don’t have any reception decor photos, buuuuuuuuut:
Post # 43
@GeekChic: I <3 your weddding so much!!! I’m going to have to try and sneak some Star Wars into ours. Fiance has still not been able to stay awake through the movies yet (it’s been 4 years) but I still love him!!!
Post # 45
We are going to have a few nods to DC comics & I get to marry my superman. 😉 the groomsmen are picking their own superhero & have matching cuff links, socks, t-shirts. My moh is a huge dr who fan so I’m going to incoropate a tadis pin in her corsage.