(Closed) George Street Photography & Video

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am looking in to them also so I’d love to hear from first hand experience as well!!

Post # 5
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@JuniperBerry:  I saw them at a bridal fair and their rates seems reasonable, but they couldn’t accommodate what I was looking for.  Also, I’ve see them have deals on http://www.weddingwire.com or something.

Post # 6
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m not sure if any of you are still looking at George Street Photo.  I just called and made an appointment.  I’m a little weirded out by the way that they handle their business — e.g. I have to fill out a form in order to download the price sheet; there are no photographers listed on their site; on the form they asked preferred method of communication and I wrote email but they still called me on my home phone without first trying email.  There’s other stuff as well, but, if any of you have any experiences or input, please let me know.   

Post # 7
478 posts
Helper bee

I looked into them and even met with them, but went with another studio which was large, but not quite as large.  of course i didn’t end up working with them, but they seemed okay to me.

Post # 9
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I felt a lil weird about them when it came to getting into contact with them and prior to meeting them, but i reached out to them bc i have a low budget for photography and videography. But upon meeting with them, the woman i was speaking to, had a lot to show and their packages are pretty reasonable. You take a style test before meeting and then she presents photographers and u choose one that you like best. I ended up not going with their photographer only bc i found a diff one that suited my style on spot. But i may be looking into GSP for videography if all else fails. 

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 1994

I want to cry I am so very unhappy with George Street. I paid a lot of money to have pictures to remember this day for the rest of my life and I didn’t even get that. They NEVER contact you when they say they will and my photographer was not good. All they offered me for reimbursement was a free canvas print and a credit for the pictures. Tell me, why would that be beneficial if I’m unhappy with the pictures? STAY AWAY from this company if you want to have memories that last forever.

Post # 11
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Bump?

Post # 13
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

My only experience is them pestering me.  They were doing some sort of promotion where you could win a free photo/video package, so I filled out the form for that.  The thing is, that form was just their standard contact form on their website that was not tied directly with their contest.  It makes me wonder if I was ever even entered.  I wish it had been a separate form so they knew the reason I was filling it out! I did not like being on their mailing list.  And it’s weird to me that they have a wedding coordinator.  I guess I’m just put off by the large companies and prefer to support individual photographers.

Post # 14
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Agreed i went to a bridal show and they have called me and emailed me saying CONGRATS we have the day you want etc… i never asked for that just entered a contest. i want to go w/ Christopher Oth but he’s quoting $25k!! aaaaaaahhhhhh

Post # 15
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

The contact me all of the time after getting some information from them at a bridal show. I even told them I already booked my photog and they still call/email me πŸ™

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee

I want advice on them too. i love the pictures I was shown from a specific photographer and it’s wonderfully within budget. Our rep was really nice. I am hoping to find several reviews of people who actually used their services. Hopefully there are more posts!

Post # 15
351 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

I’m actually booked with Georgestreet. I had originally booked photo and video, but after seeing videos with Georgestreet’s work, it scared me away because the final product was terrible. I still booked them with photography though. FH and I had our engagement session with our photography and I thought he did an amazing job. 

But speaking about Georgestreet, I was dissapointed in the way they edited the photos. All the closeup’s showed my imperfections (a pimple or two that had decided to make an appearance). It also seemed they they didnt do any kind of touchups or editations, I felt like the photos just got transfered from the photographer’s SD card to my computer. I called Georgestreet and told them my concerns and that I was thinking about cancelling my contract, but they have agreed to airbrush 25 photos of my choice after the wedding.

My photographer is Ruben in LA, and he’s the only reason I kept Georgestreet. 

The topic ‘George Street Photography & Video’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors