(Closed) George Street Photography & Video

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 16
248 posts
Helper bee

I went with George street for october 2015. I’m based in central Nj and ended up getting a good photo/video deal for black Friday. I I know it’s a larger company and I’ve seen some horrible reviews from other couples, one recurring complaint was that they would change the photographer a couple of week in advanced, despite signing a contract. But I guess it’s a gamble you take when booking this type of vendor. Im not too picky when it comes to photos and I’d prefer to get my digital copies and choose which I want to print, I don’t need the fancy wedding album or anything like that, so this seemed like a great fit for me. Plus, I liked all the photographers offered so yay. Lots of luck to everyone else who decided to go with them!

Post # 17
2120 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I know this thread is old but in case anyone else is looking since they’re advertising on pretty much every website now – our planners really advised against them based on bad experiences with past clients, and I am glad they did. their site has great photos, but not being able to met/know who your photographer is is weird. Plus I’ve seen some terribad photos from real brides, and not the super edited ones they show on the site. We found a local independent photographer for less than what George Street cost, with better quality photos and better communication.

Post # 18
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Because George Street is a national company, you are not able to pick your specific photographer based on their style or how well your personalities fit. My good friend booked them because her Fiance wanted videography more than photography, and their prices a looked for them to get both. She shared with me several times that she was really nervous that she was not going to like the photos as she knew they were just not very personal and way too good a deal. Come the wedding day, I honestly can’t remember seeing the photographer around very much. The one they had looked very sloppy and unprofessional, and even though she was hired for the whole day, I spotted her maybe twice at the 100 person reception. I’ve seen a few of the photos posted and honestly some of the guest’s cell/camera pictures are better.

Post # 19
1430 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I was going to go with them but ended up picking a local videographer and photographer separately who is going to cost us way less for all day coverage than what George Street was offering. They still keep sending me emails though, ugh!

The topic ‘George Street Photography & Video’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors