- 1 year ago
Help! My fiancé & I are getting married in my home state, about a 5 1/2 hour drive from where we live. Last weekend, while visiting, we found our wedding venue!! We chose a venue that we LOVE for the reception & found a beautiful azalea garden for the outdoor ceremony. But unfortunately we’ve had trouble getting the dates to line up between the two of them.
Option 1: Get married April 20th, 2019
This option is our first choice. This is when our favorite ceremony venue is available (the azalea garden). We really like the idea of getting married 9 months from now. We’ve been together for 4 years and we’re really ready to just be married. I can also already tell that I’m going to obsess about wedding planning throughout the entire process & I’d rather not have an extra 6 months to get crazy about it.
However, April 20th is also Easter weekend, 4/20, and during typical spring break time. We’ve pretty much determined that we don’t care about the weed connotation, and I think Easter will be okay because only my side of the family is religious and they won’t have to travel, so it shouldn’t really interfere. But we’re worried that spring break will increase the flight costs for my fiancé’s entire side of the family. I’ve researched it a little bit & it may increase flight costs by as much as $100 per person. My fiancé thinks many members of his family might choose to drive anyway, but it is about a 9 hour drive.
Option 2: Get married early October 2019
Because of the dates that are available & the weather in the Southern city we’re getting married in, if we don’t get married April 20th then we’ll have to wait an extra 6 months and get married in early October of next year. Our top choice for the ceremony (the azalea garden) doesn’t do weddings that late in the year, so we’d have to pick a different option. There’s an arboretum that my mom found that looks lovely, but we might not be able to go down to visit & see it ourselves for several months, and I hate the idea of leaving things up in the air for so long, or booking a place sight unseen. There’s also a park that we visited that I quite liked, but there’s some uncertainty as to whether they can set up chairs in the place we’d envisioned as the ceremony location, due to the slant in the ground.
Overall, this option involves a lot more uncertainty. I know I’m going to stress for the next couple of months about our desired October dates booking up before we can see the prospective ceremony site, or figure out the chair question. It also requires us to wait another 6 months to get married, which we would really prefer not to do. However, it would likely be more convenient for our guests.
I’m really torn! I don’t want to be selfish and inconsiderate to our guests! But I also don’t know if it’s worth waiting an extra 6 months and sacrificing a bit of my sanity in the process. Help!
- This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by beeleez. Reason: Added some info