(Closed) Get someone else or continue to wait?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 4
1941 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

If i were you, I’d maybe wait until the end of the really busy wedding season to try to nail down a date.  You are still a year out of your wedding and most save the dates are sent out 6-8 months before the wedding, so I do think you have enough time. I think she probably realizes this being in the wedding photography industry, and thus is putting you off so she can get through her busy season. I’d try to schedule something in mid September. I think you have an advantage being a friend fo hers. Maybe you can take a look at all the engagement pictures unedited and ask for a few to be edited ASAP so you can have the image for your save the dates, so you don’t have to worry about the editing time. 

I’d be careful of bypassing her to choose someone else without discussing it with her first. It seems like this is a good friend of the family and I wouldn’t want to hurt the relationship. I know its frustrating, and I’m sure she realizes that your wedding is important, but its also a year away and she has paying clients whose work needs to be done now. Maybe talk to her and say I know this is your busy season, can we pick a date now for September-October. If she still hesitates, discuss your concerns with her and see how reacts. 

The topic ‘Get someone else or continue to wait?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors