<span style=”font-family: tahoma, verdana; font-size: 13px;”>
1. Name (or nickname) and age: Heather, 31
2. Location: Pittsburgh, PA
3. Fiance’s name (or your cutest nickname for him): Ian
4. How did you meet? On OKCupid 🙂 I lived in MA and he was in PA, but he was my highest worldwide match. Then, I moved to Pittsburgh and he became my highest local match. We went on a date, and it went so well that he was the only person I dated in Pittsburgh.
5. When did you get engaged? June 19th, 2009, about a month short of our two-year anniversary. I was living in NYC, and he proposed down on one knee at The Gramercy Tavern, his favorite restaurant 🙂 Everyone applauded when I said “Yes!”
6. Wedding Date: September 11th, 2010.
7. Wedding theme/colors: Shades of grey, purple, and blue. I like darker colors and he likes lighter ones, so picking specific colors would have been painful. My bridesmaids are picking their own purple dresses, and the groomsmen will be in grey suits with their own blue accessories. I like the idea of no one matching.
8. Location of Wedding: Pittsburgh, PA, at The Mansion at Maple Heights.
9. What’s been the best part of planning? A couple things, really. First, that I don’t mind it as much as I thought I would. I was never the woman who had envisioned her perfect wedding since she was five years old. And suddenly, I subscribe to over a dozen wedding blogs. Second, the interaction I’ve had with my bridesmaids. None of them are local (Orlando, DC, and Minneapolis), and reading the stuff they come up with over email is absolutely hilarious.
10. The worst? Having to convince Ian at Every. Single. Step. Of. The. Way. that Yes, we do have to actually start planning things this far in advance. If all of the planning guides say to book [vendor] at X months in advance, then all of the other couples getting married when we are will do so. Therefore, if we do not, everyone of quality will be booked when we finally get around to it.