(Closed) Getting 100% ceremony turn out

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
2555 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

You really can’t do anything to force your guests to show. However, if it’s a small intimate ceremony, you could ask them one by one to let you know if they’re missing it.

Post # 4
Hostess
8579 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Some brides opt to invite people to either just the ceremony, or just the reception – this could have been the case at some of the weddings you attended.

Post # 5
2227 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

As far as I can think all you can really do is tell people how important it is to you that they attend the ceremony. At the end of the day  there will always be some people who can’t make it for one reason or another. There`s not a lot more that can be done.

Post # 6
1920 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

You really can’t control people coming to your ceremony or not. honestly, as a guest you might notice it. But when its your wedding you will be so wrapped up in the moment I’m sure it will be the last thing on your mind.

Post # 7
3078 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Having your ceremony and reception in the same spot also helps.  We had our reception immediately follow our ceremony and everyone that was at the ceremony stayed, no one came late.

Post # 8
7614 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

My husband and I got stuck in unexpected traffic once and the ceremony was over by time we got there, so we only attended the reception but it was not a by choice. 

Post # 9
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

The best way is to not have a gap and to have the events at the same of very close-by locations. When the ceremony flows seamlessly into cocktail hour (limited to about an hour, maybe 1.5) and then into the reception, people tend to show up for the whole event. When the ceremony is in the morning or early afternoon and then the reception is offsite hours later… for some people the commitment of their entire day just isn’t going to happen.

We had everyone present for the ceremony except for one guest who had to work, but his wife was there and he cam as soon as possible. He also told us in advance. He’s the store manager of his store and half the store’s staff was invited to our wedding, so he had to be the one to step up and miss out some so that his employees didn’t have to.

Post # 10
2390 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We had a bus to take people from the reception location (they could more easily park there or get there by public transit) to the chapel and back.  Everyone who was at the reception had been at the ceremony.

Post # 11
1992 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@Autumnsnow:  I had a yacht wedding so anyone who wanted to come to the reception HAD TO attend the ceremony or else they’d miss the boat, LITERALLY! lol

That is one of the only ways I know of to guarantee your guests attend both.

With that being said, we still had 4 or so no shows… but oh well, their loss!

Post # 12
3141 posts
Sugar bee

Don’t list the reception venue on the invitation? Have that presented to guests at the ceremony?  or have both in the same location? 

I don’t find this behaviour acceptable at all. You are invited to a wedding not the dinner ans party afterwards. If w people can only attend one then it must be the ceremony 

Post # 13
11351 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@KimmySumShuga:  That certainly WAS a good way to ensure they’d be there, haha. By The Way, I can’t believe you had no shows! After reading all about your wedding on here, even I wanted to attend! 🙂

Post # 14
3886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Really the best way to solve this is by only inviting folks who are close to you, and who genuinely want to be there as opposed to folks looking for a free dinner party.

Post # 15
6015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’ve NEVER been to a wedding where more people came to the reception than the ceremony.  Is it something to do with where you live?

Post # 16
1992 posts
Buzzing bee

@Brielle:  Yeeeah I know right?! I was pretty bummed but one girl was sick and so her and her plus one were no shows and then my MOH’s parents had some weird situation where the dad may or may not get called into work to fly to San Francisco for some emergency blah blah and if he DID get called into work, the mom would have to take him.

Lame situations but whatevs, we still had a great night and I’m pretty sure they were bummed they missed it too anyway! haha

I wish you could have come instead! Tongue Out lol

The topic ‘Getting 100% ceremony turn out’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors