(Closed) getting a crowd to dance in 2011….

posted 7 years ago in Music
Post # 3
16 posts
Newbee

I love that song “Say Hey(I love you)” with a very upbeat tempo and a cute song for a wedding…

also if you want to appeal to your older crowd, look for oldies that were on the top hits list in their day…TimeLife.com has some great compilations that you can browse, and hear samples of the song. (or just look them up on youtube lol!)

(they also have love song compilations, etc.)

🙂

Post # 4
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

LMFAO- Party Rock Anthem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8&ob=av2e tehe!

no song anywhere is like this song… it’s about dancing and having a good time =) plus the beat is addictive… I hear it and instantly smile then I’m dancing… yep I need to buy this cd or itune or something 

Post # 5
1013 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My whole family loves to dance to anything black eyed peas!!!

Post # 6
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

80’s pop!!  I love it and I feel like nothing says dance like this era’s music.  Think the Breakfast Club, Duran Duran, Rick Springfield, the Outfield, etc.  I would skip the 90’s hip-hop i.e. C &C Music factory.  That cleared the floor at the last wedding.

Throw in some well known disco too.  But skip Dancing Queen.  And a good old Motown remix always gets the crowd going.  There is a supermix somewhere that is like 7 minutes long but SOOOOO good. 

And than play whatever is the hot pop song on the radio right now.  Skip Lil Wayne, Katie Perry and head straight for whatever is europoppy right now.  Like Mr. Sexobeat seems to be right now.  Party Rock Anthem was like a month ago. Etc.

Post # 7
16 posts
Newbee

oh yes, and please skip Kung Fu fighting, anything from Grease, and the chicken dance. Can you believe the last wedding I went to, they played that stuff?? I was like, seriously people?? LOL

The topic ‘getting a crowd to dance in 2011….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors