(Closed) Getting in Shape for December 2012 Wedding

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: How did you get into shape for your wedding?
    Running : (20 votes)
    29 %
    Smaller Meals : (23 votes)
    33 %
    P90x or 30 Day Shred : (13 votes)
    19 %
    other (please tell us in comment section) : (14 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 3
    3471 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

I did Crossfit 4x per week, and did about an 85% Paleo diet (not the brand name crap they try to sell you– just cut out as many processed foods as possible). 

It’s similar to P90X in terms of intensity/results in my opinion because it’s a better overall system than 30 Day Shred, and it offers more than just cardio from running. 

The thing to remember is that it isn’t always about pounds lost– in fact, the pounds matter very little– in the 4 months leading up to my wedding I only dropped about 5 lbs, but I lost 3 dress sizes because I built muscle at the same time.  So be sure to take your measurements at the beginning too– that’s a much more telling system than an ordinary scale. 

When my dress arrived in March I was a size 14, and my dress was a 12– 2 days before my wedding I picked it up from the seamstress who had just finished taking it in AGAIN to get it down to a size 10 to fit me for my wedding day. The 4 fittings I had leading up to my wedding, each time she had to re-pin the dress and keep taking it in because I kept getting smaller and it didn’t fit. 

Post # 4
    1729 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

ill start with you! my wedding is 12-1-12.

AS of august 1,i started walking a mile on my lunch break. Last week I started INSANITY ( its killing me) and Hip Hop Abs.

I have a ton of workout equipment @ home- its just so hard with working 2 job- 2 teens and planning a wedding on top of daily things!

I do try to get at least 30 mins of exercise in at night.

I joined teambeachbody this week and a coach online ( FB)…its great motivating start 🙂

Post # 5
    269 posts
    Helper bee

I’ll join. I’m another 12-1-12 bride. I’ve lost 20 pounds since June just by eating properly but I’m going to start working out to lose the last 15-20 lbs. I’ve got p90x, TurboFire + 30 Day Shred to choose between and I take 1-3 mile walks on my lunch breaks. I’d love to do Insanity but I’m scared of it!

Post # 6
    2822 posts
    Sugar bee

Yay December brides! I started counting my calories on My Fitness Pal earlier this year and started hitting the gym a few times per week and lost a total of 35 pounds. I’ve been at my goal weight for about 5 months now so I’ve just been maintaining. To maintain I’ve been eating properly, controling my portions and hitting the gym. I LOVE the group fitness classes at my gym like spin, body works and zumba! I’ve recently started hot yoga too which I’ve become addicted to! 🙂

Post # 7
    1729 posts
    Bumble bee

@anabell465:  i never did P90x..but im sure you could handle insanity..its def a killer- you WILL stop way more then they do..but if you just keep at it..you will get better a lil each day- its def not for the quitters. also after talking to my coach- you may have to modify some of the moves to suit you  better.

my WORST problem is my diet- first off i live with a chef that lovessssss to cook.

2nd off i work 2 jobs- dinner is never the same time- nor lunch an im rare breakfast eater

3rd- my weekend job is at a faire ground- NO refridgeration at ALL- not allowed to bring in food- have to eat whats there ( all junk & greasy food)- sometimes i dont eat at all- but i work 12 hrs straight and i need the energy!

Post # 8
    135 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Love love loooovvveeee My Fitness Pal. I lost 30 lb. in 4 months with it. Great way to help choose between different meal options when you’re eating out. Super easy to use at home or for home made meals too. Plus I looooove the gratification of adding up my calories burned at the gym vs. my intake for the day.

My personal workout routine is as follows:

Day 1-arm circuit training exercises (usually 7-8 different types of lightweight/high frequency exercises done with 15 secs or so inbetween), then 30 min of high intensity cardio (I do not do running…sometimes I’ll do the eliptical but my favorite is the treadmill walking at a 24 incline for 20 mins, then 21 incline for 10 mins).

Day 2-same as day one but with leg exercises, then again 30 min of cardio.

Day 3-core exercises, then 45 of cardio.

I don’t necessarily always go on certain days, but good, bad or indifferent, I always go 3 days a week, Good luck, my fellow fitness brides :).

Post # 9
    269 posts
    Helper bee

@shalynnmarie:  Ahhhh…My fiance is a Chef, too! I secretly (and not so secretly) blame him for the amount of weight I’ve gained throughout our relationship!

I might have to do Insanity after all. If I’m going to workout, I want to sweat! Thanks for easing my mind:)

Post # 10
    139 posts
    Blushing bee

I’ll join too! I’m going to run 5 days per week , and eating small amounts of food 5 times per day an drink lots of water 🙂

Post # 11
    530 posts
    Busy bee

I’ll definitely join in with you all!  My wedding is 12/21/12 and I am trying to lose about 20 lbs.  I used to be a spinning instructor, kinda just did it for fun.  If I wasn’t teaching I would probably spin an hour a day at least 5x a week.  Started a new job last Sept right after I got engaged and now I travel M-F night so it’s hard to get to a real gym.  No more excuses though, as of this week, down 5 lbs.  Can’t wait to hear everyone’s success stories!

Post # 13
    1748 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I voted: Running, smaller meals, other.

Example work out schedule for this past week: Thursday: off Friday: Indoor circuit and interval training (using Biggest Loser game for Xbox Kinect) Saturday: 4 mile run + 60 minutes of yoga Sunday: Indoor Boxfit (using Biggest Loser game for Xbox Kinect) Monday: Swam at the aquatic center Tuesday: Ran 4 miles Wednesday: 45 minute yoga flow

I’m not one of those people who can run every day, unfortunately, so I have to pair running with low resistance exercise- such as swimming, yoga, cycling, etc. My joints hate me otherwise.

Food wise I eat really well rounded nutritious meals. I counted calories for probably 8 months and I still will off and on, but since I did it for SO long I have a really good idea of what I’m eating, weighing and measuring food, and making sure I eat portion sizes. I snack every few hours to keep my metabolism going and I enjoy dark chocolate and a glass of wine almost every night.

Ha. Meant to just read this and not post, sorry, not a December bride :/

Post # 14
    47 posts
    Newbee

Me too I’ll join in!!! My wedding is december 8th 2012.  I haven’t started anything yet but I have been eating better Thanx to my garden at home.  Im a big fan of running personally. I used to work out everyday before I had my child, which was two years ago!! I’m only 10 lbs from my fit weight but it’s the toning I need to work on as I am quite comfortable with my weight.  I might have to try px90 I’ve heard great things!

Post # 15
    856 posts
    Busy bee

I started another round of P90x about two and a half weeks ago! I skip yoga because I honestly just don’t have the time or patience for that loong video. So I work out 5 days a week.

I really need to start watching what Im eating now that its getting closer to December! It will be hard around the holidays, but some motivation from my fellow Dec brides should help! We can do it!

Good Luck Dec. Brides!!! I’m right there with you running, drinking water, and sweating my buns off (hopefully, literally)

Post # 16
    684 posts
    Busy bee

My wedding is 12/2… Since the beginning of August, I’ve lost 8 lbs and a total of 8 inches around my hips,waist, bust. I’ve been doing weight watchers. I was working out more but I injured my hip! Good luck everyone!

The topic ‘Getting in Shape for December 2012 Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors