(Closed) Getting in Shape for December 2012 Wedding

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: How did you get into shape for your wedding?

Running

Smaller Meals

P90x or 30 Day Shred

other (please tell us in comment section)

• Post # 17
    8437 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

Yoga and pilates, more frequent smaller meals, no soda, no eating late night <—although I still do this occasionally Embarassed.  Went from size 12 to size 6 over the past 5+ months.

Post # 18
    111 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I’m doing Crossfit and eating Paleo. It’s worked wonders. I’ve already lost a ton of weight.

Post # 19
    2776 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I was doing Barre, couch to 5K, DDR, and eating mindfully amd healthily.

Post # 20
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I’m so glad to find this post!  I am getting married 12/8/12 and it is time to get serious!  I started Insanity this summer and have lost several inches but I’d like to lose a few more before the big day!  I had my first fitting for my dress last week and it fit! But, i would feel more comfortable losing a few more inches around, especially with it being a fit and flare dress.  

I am planning to continue Insanity 3 days a week and running the two days as I enjoy both.  

Thanks so much for this motivation!  Less than 3 months December brides! 

Post # 21
    555 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I used weight watchers before my wedding.  I lost over 20 lbs before the big day.  I liked that I could eat foods I liked (versus buying diet food or having to cut out everything that makes you just crave it more!) and that I learned how to eat more sensibly.  I also highly recommend the 30 day shred and couch to 5K.  Good luck choosing some healthy things that work for you! 

Post # 22
    260 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I’m not getting married until April 2013 but have also been getting into better shape since this year began. What I typically do is count calories and shoot for 1200-1550 a day. I have a puppy so long dog walks also help. I do some type of cardio at least 90 minutes per week. I lost about 20 pounds doing this 🙂 Sparkpeople is a web site I use that is totally free and is awesome! 

The topic ‘Getting in Shape for December 2012 Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors