(Closed) Getting married in 13.5 hours and I HATE my bouquet

posted 8 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I’m sorry that happened! It sounds like you found an adequate solution, so take some deep breaths and try to move on… there are probably a few more curveballs coming your way in the next 24 hours, so hopefully this is the worst of them!

My guess is that irises got really rare and your florist wasn’t able to get them for the price they anticipated – seems like the grocery store scarcity might be an indicator that there were problems with the purple flower supply? Anyway, good job rolling with it.

Post # 4
Bee
12078 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion

Can you scrap it and go to a grocery store and get something more simple? You could always go with white and/or green! Whatever you decide, good luck! And try to remember to get lots of photos without your bouquet if you still hate it.

Post # 5
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Ugh. Frustrating. Sounds like you came up with a good solution! Have a great day tomorrow!

Post # 6
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Aww!!! i wish you the best of luck with it all.. Just remember that no matter what your flowers look like you are gettng married to the man you love!! Hope it all works out for you and an early congrats to you 🙂

Post # 7
653 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m sorry your bouquet wasn’t what you wanted. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Post # 8
1357 posts
Bumble bee

Oh nooo!!! I’m so sorry. I was really nervous about how my bouquet would turn out since a family friend made it, and it wasn’t perfect, but to me it was beautiful. I loved it. I hope you can find a solution to make you feel better about it!

Post # 9
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m sure when you look back on it, it’ll just seem like a little hiccup and you’ll love it- because you and your FH made it :o) Trying to look on the bright side of life!

Post # 10
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club

Oh no! I say scrap it and make something totally new if you can – if it’s something completely different you might not hate it as much as something that was ‘supposed’ to be one thing but looks different? I’m sure they look beautiful no matter what though, and you’ll just have to let it go and enjoy tomorrow, you’re getting married!!

Post # 11
1037 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - Carlouel Yacht Club

Oh no, I’m so sorry! I like what Mouse suggested…could you go to the grocery store and find some completely new flowers to make a new bouquet? I bet you could do it!

Post # 12
2434 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

Oh my goodness.  I’m so sorry.  That stinks.  I’m glad you were able to improvise.  It’s really hard, but try not to dwell on it!

Post # 13
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

Oh no!!! That is such a disappointment. But hopefully you’ll have such a great day tomorrow that you won’t even have a chance to think about it!

Post # 14
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hopefully the changes you made will make it all the more special to you–good luck tomorrow!!

Post # 15
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Just reread my post… what a downer! What I meant, of course, was this: you will have a wonderful day tomorrow. There will probably be some things that happen that are not the way you planned them – it’s just what happens when you’ve planned so much! Have a wonderful day, and remember to enjoy it! Best wishes!

Post # 16
5498 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m sorry! I hope it works out and you have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

The topic ‘Getting married in 13.5 hours and I HATE my bouquet’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors