(Closed) Getting Married in Newfoundland Canada – Changing my name…. Where do I start?!

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ChantelleC90:  Pretty sure you start with your drivers license and go from there. I’m pretty sure that is the only place that will require you to bring your marriage certificate. That and foryour SIN card. After that, those updated ID’s will serve as your ID to change everything else. 

Atleast that is what every other NL bride has told me. I’ll be doing mine in July

Post # 3
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ya once you request your marriage certificate online and order it you bring it to change your drivers license, health card, sin card, and I needed it for my passport

  • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  .
Post # 4
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

once you have a new drivers license you can change your bank accounts, credit cards etc over

Post # 5
2558 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

As others have said, definitely start with driver’s liscence and SIN. 

Also, I just wanted to say hi to a fellow Newfoundlander. 🙂

Post # 7
2494 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I started with my drivers license (and car registration at the same time) and then just went through everything in my wallet. Don’t forget things like car insurance, mortgage, house insurance, etc. I changed my name at the bank thinking it would change everything but I had to ask for them to change it on my Visa and mortgage.

The topic ‘Getting Married in Newfoundland Canada – Changing my name…. Where do I start?!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors