(Closed) Getting Married on a Sunday & having trouble finding a hair/ makeup salon?

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I got married on a Sunday.  I actually found the best luck by asking for appointment information from independent stylists and MUAs.  The salons in my area that were open on Sundays didn’t schedule appointments after noon, and we needed to be done with hair and maek-up for everyone by 1:00 pm.  It just didn’t work out.  🙂

Post # 4
318 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Go Sunday brides!  Have you tried calling the salons to see if they will make special arrangements to open briefly on Sunday for you and your party?  I started surfing through Yelp for hair and makeup services and noticed many establishments, though closed on Sundays, will make exceptions if you contact them in advance.

Post # 5
250 posts
Helper bee

many hairstylist will come in to work for the right price, start calling!

and the nice thing is you get them all to yourself.

Post # 7
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I had a similar problem-but it was an early morning one-our wedding is at 11 am, we have to be ready for pictures at 9 am. My twins are both in the wedding with me (they will be 6 this Thursday) I didn’t want to lug them and all of our junk all over town to get my hair and make up done. BUT!!! Solution presented itself-my hairstylist is coming to the church at 7:30 am to do my Maid/Matron of Honor hair, my daughter (ringlets and a tiara or a bow, depending which she will tolerate) and my hair. We worked out a deal bc the salon isn’t open then, she lives in town, my wedding is in town, and she considers it “extra” money bc she isn’t usually working then. 🙂 Maybe try asking at salons who have stylists that do booth rentals (which our Merle Norman does), bc those gals are more likely to work independently. If she will come to you, even better! I am looking forward to a calm wedding morning!

Post # 8
1347 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Have you tried checking different Aveda salons in your area? I know there’s a couple Avedas in the Twin Cities that are open Sundays, closed Mondays.

Post # 9
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Sounds familiar 🙂 Most salons are closed on Sundays and Mondays; we wanted to do a day after session but one of the main reasons I didn’t is because of not being able to get my hair done! So we never ended up doing it…

I would call your normal salon and ask if they can come in for you, I am sure they will make an exception- especially if you have a big entourage of people coming with you- that would be a lot of money they would turn down if they don’t take your offer! I doubt you will be charged more as they will be making a lot of money off of a big group.

Post # 10
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I just realized this not too long ago… I started calling my salon, my last salon, my last stylist’s salon, and nothing.  I was really, really wanting to save some money in this area and not hire an independent stylist or MUA to come to my house… especially since I didn’t want my bridesmaids to be there with me, getting their hair done as well (I know, I know, but I dream of having a calm wedding morning with just my sister and mother).

Any idea how independent stylists rates compare to a salon?  Frown

The topic ‘Getting Married on a Sunday & having trouble finding a hair/ makeup salon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors