Post # 1
Sing it with me folks!!! I’ve been feeling a little……… faceless around here lately and it occurred to me that some of the Bees who have been around here for a while likely know me, but not some of our new members, and I probably don’t know some of our newer members very well! So hi, it’s nice to meet you! I’m Bakerella!
My husband would say I’m weird, I prefer the word quirky 😉 Or delightfully eccentric is fine too! I’m a pretty funny person (or so I like to think), I’m giving to a fault, and I can come up with any excuse to eat dessert. I’m a stepmom and I have two furbabies, Peter and Glory.
Likes: Baking (clearly), snuggling my kitties, road trips, DIY-ing, watching movies with Darling Husband, laughing, reading.
Dislikes: People who walk slow and manage to take up the entire sidewalk on their own, telemarketers, bad drivers, errors in the tv guide, typos.
Little known facts:
- I met Darling Husband while waiting for an elevator (hence the avatar).
- I tap my nose when I’m thinking. Like right now when I was trying to think of what to write here.
- I can wiggle my nose.
- The smell of skunks really doesn’t bother me all that much.
- I hate sweating and will look for every possible excuse to avoid exercising. Not good.
Confessions: I love to play online Scrabble but I sometimes cheat and use a Scrabble word maker.
Post # 3
OH I”ll play! I’m gogoGiraffes. And Mr. Giraffe is.. well really a giraffe, He’s 6’4″, and I’m well.. five feet…
Mr. Giraffe would say that he hates my taste in music, country, and I’d say I hate his obsession with TeamFortress (videogame). He would say that I do try hard, but I say I just fall short. I’d say he has good intentions. Just they don’t lay out as well… I’m mom to a bird (parakeet) and a corgi. Gizmo. You’ll see him later. Step mom to 2 nemo fish. I personally, enjoy baking. About to go make mini cream pies to see how they turn out for thanksgiving. I’m the head of the food for our Holiday party, and responsibility scares me. I’m now a 3x season ticket holder of our local AA baseball team. When I got them, I hated baseball. I haven’t missed a game since. I also enjoy making cupcakes (did I mention that; well I really do). And I hate cleaning. But can’t stand a dirty bathroom or kitchen.
Without further adieu. Gizmo drowning in the snow.
Gizmo enjoys baseball too.
we also really like basketball.
And I enjoy crocheting. The only picture I have, made my neice a scarf to grow into.
Confession: I got braces to stop biting my nails.
EDIT: I’m a pro at finding mistakes in movies. Like different shirts in the same scene, stuff like that. Mr. Giraffe hates that.
Post # 4
@bakerella: OK. well that’s fun!
Indeed, you were faceless (for me) until now. Although I do recall your avatar and liking some of your comments!
I like to think I’m pretty funny too. I mostly laugh at my own jokes though. People usually laugh with at (???) me.
either way, I like laughing. the only person that makes me laugh more than myself, is my guy. I Love that.
- laughing (I said that)
- nature, outdoors, camping, hiking – NO CELL PHONE!!
- music. Classical and christmas music are my favorites.
- cooking for my guy. He loves everything I make 🙂 (or so he sais)
- my two AWESOME cats. Gustave and Adelaide. They are pretty funny too.
- good beer. I make my own!
- people using cell phones in the gym/on the treadmill!!!!! (seriously???)
- I’m trying to think of something else.
- ok – got some inspiration from your post: PEOPLE WHO WALK SLOW!!! Gah!
LITTLE KNOWN FACTS:
- I am a professonally trained cellist.
- I LOVE ancient mythology (esp. greek, norvegian, and egyptian!)
- I’m awesome at making martinis (I wish this one was more widely know!)
- I can do 50+ push ups (the real kind) in a row.
- I’m on this site everyday since I discovered it?
Post # 5
@gogogiraffes: Thanks for playing! I totally want to learn to crochet 🙂 I’m knitting a scarf for my mom for Christmas and I feel like it will never end… Gizmo is adorable!!
Post # 6
@kmsw: You know what’s worse than cellphones in the gym (not that I ever go)? Cellphones in public washrooms!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I have a strong desire to learn to play either the cello or the upright bass, I think that is amazing that you play!!!
Post # 7
@gogogiraffes: THUNDER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post # 8
@bakerella: OH I want to learn to knit! It looked SOOO hard! (PS I love your first picture! It looks like it was for a commercial or something)
@elliestan: poor nba 🙁 We aren’t even in OK. But, our old college player is there (eric). And yes, Thunder up!
Post # 9
@gogogiraffes: Thanks! I didn’t say I could knit well, I’m pretty basic. No cables or anything! It’s easy enough to learn the basics even just with YouTube. A friend of mind taught me years ago when I was working in film & television (another little known fact), we had a lot of down time on set, lol!
Post # 10
@bakerella: I sat down with dads girlfriend and she taught me the basic. And after I finish this scarf, I think I want to try to make headbands. I can give you a GREAT youtube for crocheting. (And another thing about me, I like to type youtube as youtuble. I don’t know why I like that L
Post # 11
@gogogiraffes: you obviously aren’t talented enough with braces! I succeeding in chewing them through 6 years of braces! still not entirely sure how I stopped – but I do have to carry nail clippers all the time because any tiny imaginary tear immediately becomes chewed off!
@bakerella: I love Scrabble too 🙂 Question: what are you doing moderating an internet forum if you hate typos?
hmmmmm I’ll make a separate post for my getting to know you…
Post # 12
@hisgoosiegirl: hahahahah I have short teeth. REALLY short teeth. I did manage to bite my own braces off! By shoving my top teeth behind my brackets and prying them off… yeah it doesn’t sound good does it?
Post # 13
ooh ok.. I’m newish so I’ll play 🙂
I love Photography (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wickedqueen)
Being nerdy.. I think legos are awesome
I snort when I laugh hard
Hello kitty is awesome
HUGE Lakers fan
GreenBay, Eagles and Giants are my teams
I collect Giraffes
I wanted to be an Egyptologist. I’m madly in love with archaeology, ancient history.
I have my name in Heirogylphics tattooed on me (yes I’m sure of wht they say LOL) as well as a eye of Horus and an Ankh.
I also have a huge Amy brown faerie tattoo
I love my dog – a sharpei -chow- golden ret mix(yes thats all one dog)
Captain morgan and I are good friends
I used to work for Disney and I love Disneyland
I used to be a teacher
I’m now a massage therapist focus on maternity and labor
I’m allgeric to seafood
I can’t stand…
people who talk to other people while on the phone with me
people who run across 3 lanes of empty lanes and then walk in front of my car
bad ass children
my Fiance ex wife LMAO! 😉
I love this board because you all make me feel normal for freaking out or worrying over things that I thought only *I* was freaking out over 🙂
Post # 14
Yaay let me play:
I’m Coffee Cup. I’ve known my awesome fiancé since I was 14 years old, we’ve been dating for almost 8 years now and are getting married the day of our 9 year anniversary. I’m Mexican born and raised but am way too influenced by the American culture (live really close).
I’m marrying the least photogenic man in the world. We got engaged October 1st and we haven’t tell our parents yet.
- Coffee, I’m an addict.
- Reading, I’m the prod owner of over 50 novels, I’ll love to have a kindle but I wouldn’t stand not having actual books.
- Music. Blue October, Dashboard confessional, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Metallica, Muse… really don’t know how to define my music taste.
- Baking. It relaxes me and Fi loves my chocolate chip cookies.
- Watching How I met your mother and The big bang theory.
- P3opl3 wH0 Typ3 l!ke Th!$ (you can’t imagine how hard that was).
- Dramatic people (you know those who create drama just to make themselves look interesting).
LITTLE KNOWN FACTS:
- I get easily obsesses by little hobbies and lost interest really fast.
- I’m learning to knit.
- Weddingbee made me believe I can DIY my entire wedding and I’m not a crafty person.
- Not being a native english speaker I write everything on a Word document first to minimize typos and grammar mistakes.
- Like kmsw I’m on weddingbee everyday since I got engaged (no kidding I signed up the next day after he proposed).
- I started a wedding blog inspired by the idea of becoming a Blogger Bee.
Post # 15
Hi! I’m leafgum! It doesn’t mean anything. I’m nearly 21 and have just moved home after a beautiful year of living, working, and traveling in Europe and Africa.I’m engaged to this tall handsome European, who I’ve known for 5 years, and will be moving to his beautiful city (Vienna) after we get married next summer. Which means I need to start working on my German, pronto.(There are probably more attractive photos of me in existence.. but where’s the fun in that?)
Likes: Travel, music, the Lakers, hiking, scuba diving, avocados, costume parties, lava lamps, good smells, talking like I’m from the gHeTt0, Inception.(3 likes here: travel, hiking, and the Fiance. This was on the way up Kilimanjaro in Feb.)
Dislikes: Hearing about how giant your diamond is and how you might even still “upgrade it” as if it wasn’t enough just to be engaged already. Also when people try to talk to you when you’re on the phone.
(“I have a 1392 carat, but I’m looking to upgrade to a 1450 with a cathedral setting and 80 900 carat diamonds on either side capable of blinding a passerby at distances up to 30 feet. And then I’m looking at an anniversary ring too….”)
Little known facts:
- I’m a pro at tetris.
- Bats are my favourite animals
- I’d rather spend 1000 dollars on a plane ticket than just about anything else.
- I don’t celebrate any holidays except Thanksgiving. But I’m a vegetarian.
- I am a terrible multi-tasker.
- I never wear my glasses.
- I don’t know how to drive the manual car that I own…even after living in Europe.
Post # 16
I too like to think I’m funny 🙂 I usually fail though. Also, Darling Husband called me a unique little snowflake last night and I’m still trying to decide how I feel about that!
getting to become an Aunt in Jan. when SIL has a baby!
getting to become fave non-Aunt in Jan when BFF has a baby!
cows and the dairy industry!
my keyboard at the moment – the M isn’t working very well so ignore words missing an m!
predictable/dumb plots in anything!
LITTLE KNOWN FACTS:
Darling Husband and I met through musicals – we played husband and wife our senior year
I was a trained vocalist for 10 years and really miss it some days 😛
I was homeschooled
My family has an organic dairy farm
CONFESSION:I’m really bad at making new friends and wish my college friends lived closer 🙁
Edited to add a fave pic of my and Darling Husband from the wedding 🙂