(Closed) GFIL’s 100th Birthday Celebration! WTH do I get for him?

posted 6 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Could you collect pictures of him throughout his life and make a scrapbook? Or maybe do some kind of video montage of his life events and have his family/close friends all say a few words about him? I bet he’d really love something sentimental like either of those. 

Post # 4
756 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

How about a newspaper from the day he was born? 

Or could you find out if there’s a particular cause or activity he feels strongly about and make a donation to a related charity in his name?

I’m sure it would be equally appreciated if you contribute to the celebration in some way rather than giving a gift. I went to a 100th birthday party this weekend, and of the 100+ guests, almost no one brought gifts. A lot of people stood up and said a few words about what the guest of honor meant to them or did some type of little performance (playing violin, singing a song, reading a favorite poem). 

Post # 5
853 posts
Busy bee

How about a digital picture frame? Or, you could get people to email you with a message for him (a memory with him, a funny store, a quote…whatever they like). You could compile these messages into a book for him and present it to him. That way, it is a gift from everyone.

Post # 7
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

love the newspaper idea – otherwise if you have enough time, ask family/friends to record a 20second video saying i love you or happy birthday and splice it all together.  as his 100yrs there should be quite a few generations to include

Post # 8
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

A bottle of 100 year old scotch? 

The topic ‘GFIL’s 100th Birthday Celebration! WTH do I get for him?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors