Post # 16
- Wedding: February 2017 - The George, Christchurch
When i think clutch i think a compact mirror and a lip gloss maybe. Our budget is not big but we only have 1 person each which helps keep the costs down. I am paying for everything from dress to hair etc. For her thank you gift I got a tote canvas bag, a pedicure set, a travel compact mirror and a cute as a button soap. Will also get a makeup bag. It’s perfect for her as she is travelling to new Zealand from the UK so got gifts she can use while on holiday and not wedding day specific.
Post # 17
A bridesmaid clutch I was given had a compact mirror, a sample size perfume atomizer, a lip gloss (I love PP’s suggestion of the FRESH sugar lip balm), a nail polish, makeup remover face wipes, and a tin of altoids. There were earrings in there as well, each bridesmaid was given a different piece of jewelry, i.e. a ring, bracelet, necklace, etc. It was really sweet and I ended up using everything given to me.
ETA: I think the bouquet charms are cute, but I personally would not wear them as a necklace after the wedding.
Post # 18
- Wedding: June 2016 - Vineyard & Winery
Try to think outside the box! (Or, clutch) Just bc it’s a clutch, doesn’t mean you have to fill it with stuff that actually goes INTO a clutch…the girls can use it as a real clutch after the wedding. I am also doing a clutch for each girl and filling as follows:
1) $50 gift cards. All different based on each girls’ personal taste (Starbucks, Petco, Aveda, DSW)
2) “Thank you for being my bridesmaid” jewelry from Etsy; Again, different for each girl but all are a simple silver and pearl design. One girl will get earrings, another a necklace, bracelet, etc. depending on their personal style. They are not expected to wear this on the wedding day!
3) A cute tank top with a design of something they are into. Ex- one of my girls’ loves the brand Roxy. Her shirt will be from Roxy with a surf theme.
4) Personalized, hand-written thank you card for each girl.
None of the gifts revolve around the wedding. I think it’s best to personalize and treat it like a b-day or xmas gift 😊
Post # 19
Clutches are usually small, and space is at a premium, so it could be useful (and cute) to include a pack of makeup blotting papers and a small mirror (I’ve seen such pretty ones!). I thought about that since pressed powder compacts can be bulky.