Post # 1
Looking for gift ideas for a co-worker… this is her first baby and they’re not finding out the sex.
What can I get for the baby? I don’t know much about the theme she’s going with or anything like that.
Only thing that’s coming to mind is books. I don’t want to get her a bunch of stuff she’ll probably get from other people.
Ideas? Something useful? I’m at a lose.
Post # 3
Well, I waited until my boss’s baby was born to get something more gender-specific. But you could get a nice fleece blanket that is either the theme of their nursery or colors, represents a favorite sports team, picture frames for baby pics, baby toys.
Is she registered anywhere, you could see what they are looking for there?
Post # 4
A care package with nice diapers (I loved Pampers Swaddlers), wipes, bath soap & lotion (Burts Bees & California Baby make really nice ones), a board book…? I know that’s boring, but those were some of my favorite things to receive, and they can be packaged nicely to make it more personalized.
You could also toss in something nice for mom, like a $5 coffee shop gift card for those early mornings, or a bottle of Aromatherapy “calming” body wash, a pretty journal for her to write in about the baby, etc.
I don’t know how much you’re looking to spend, just some ideas 🙂
Post # 5
The first time I saw my mom after getting pregnant, she brought me a basket of beautiful board books wrapped in a nice gender neutral blanket. To me, it was perfect. Some of my favorites were the ABC and 123 books by Charley Harper (the illustrations are so pretty) and Eco Babies Wear Green 🙂
Post # 6
Diapers are always needed and I think appreciated.
Have you thought about getting something for her, since everyone will be getting something for the baby? My favorite gift so far was a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage. Best gift ever I swear!
Post # 7
Boring idea but gift card to Target or Babies r us. She can use it for diapers. I personally love getting gift cards but maybe that’s just me.
Post # 8
Post # 8
My sister always loved being gifted books! It’s not really something they’ll ever want to spend their own money on in the beginning and they last forever. That’s what I would go with.
Post # 9
You can really never have enough bibs, burp clothes, receiving blankets, hooded towels, washcloths, diapers, wipes, etc.
If you want to do a bigger gift, why not get her a Boppy pillow or something like that.
OR, you can do a gift for mom. A giftcard for a pedicure or a prenatal massage is awesome! (It’s what I asked Darling Husband for for V-Day!)
Post # 10
@Sunshine23: There is no registry to look at?
- Well I like theme “kit” ideas. Since you’re not too sure theme/what type of products she likes, I’d play it safe if you get diapers/bath items – get organic just in case she’s planning on using only those types of products (I ended up with J&J products I have no idea what to do with!). Burts Bees makes cute little baby gift baskets (Target sells them), then a package of Seventh Generation or Earths Best diapers. I got those as gifts and DEFINITELY appreciated them!
- One of my favorite items as a nanny has been the Chamois stroller blanket from Pottery barn, it’s so soft and the perfect size for cuddling, naps, carseat, stroller, etc.
- I love the idea of the towel – Aden and Anais has a cute gift set of a hooded towel and washcloth.
- Aden and Anais swaddling blankets are great as well. The swaddlemes are lifesavers the first 1-2 mos as well!
- Carters has several gender neutral outfits, white/gray/yellow/green are all safe colors. IF you get clothes, stay away from buying NB and 0-3 mos sizes. I have SOO many clothes in those sizes. Now I’m lacking in 6-12+ mos.
- A diaper cake… with a bottle of wine in the center 😉 not even kidding! I told my Darling Husband that we’re getting wine on the way home from the birth center! You can put onesies on/in the cake, a book on the top/side, attach pacifiers, receiving blankets etc – there are lots of great ideas online. My sister loved hers!
- Other favorite (classic) products: bumbo seat for baby, bouncer seat, boppy
- Etsy sells adorable burp cloth/bib sets and it’s relatively easy to find gender neutral prints. since they’re burp cloths they don’t need to match a theme either.
- I agree with PP’s, a gift FOR THE MOM! Like I said, wine 😉 a spa giftcard mani/pedi, massage, facial etc. Or gift card to a clothing store to get a few nice items after the baby – one thing I’m seriously looking forward to is wearing my clothes again! But idk how long it will be til I fit in them, so having some extra $$ for the awkward inbetween period would be nice.
Hopefully that gives you some ideas!
Post # 11
My mother always likes to get the mom a nice new nightgown or robe – something she can wear and feel pretty and comphy in when she’s seeing visitors at the hospital or the home after the baby is born.
An interesting stuffed toy would be nice too – I like giraffes, mice, elephants, etc. as alternatives to bears.