- 4 years ago
- Wedding: June 2017
In a bit of a conundrum. My maid of honor is one of the most important ladies in my life, and we’ve been friends since college in our sorority. She is being an incredible Maid/Matron of Honor and will be hosting a shower and bach party, along with regular Maid/Matron of Honor duties (speech, emotional support, diy crafting etc) while spending a fair sum on all this. She’s basically a saint.
My dilemma: I have no idea what to get the woman who has everything. She is a hard working professional in SF and, like me, is very specific in her tastes yet also buys herself things she wants/needs. My gift budget is in the couple hundred range (spending 75-100 for just BMs) but I am at a loss of what to get her. Can anyone help?
– sentimental fine jewelry (very tasteful but young, and not something she would have already like diamond studs or a Tiffany charm bracelet)
– a gift she doesn’t have to ‘do’ like a spa, which her schedule doesn’t allow for
– maybe a sentimental art gift? Would it be weird to make her wait for a portrait of us on my wedding day with favorite song lyrics? I am leaning towards this as the main gift, or something similar. We don’t have portrait-quality photos of us already
– maybe a real pashmina scarf/shawl from Nepal
Things that probably won’t work:
– no collectibles; no travel miles because she has a billion from work; no ‘X of the month club’ stuff due to said travel
Thank you everyone in advance!