(Closed) Giving Mom & Mom-In-Law a rose while walking down aisle?!?!

posted 7 years ago in Traditions
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I have never heard of that, but I would think that it would be easier to do both on the way up.  Really, both ways kind of break up the flow.

I have seen where the bride and groom, right before the vows, give a rose and a kiss to their moms.  They give their last kiss as a single person to the person that gave them their first kiss.  I always thought that was super sweet.

Post # 4
3363 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think it might look a little odd.  And to be honest, I likely would have forgotten in the process.  When I walked down the aisle, I walked toward my husband and really hardly noticed anyone else.  If I had stopped to hand out roses to one or more people, it would have taken away from our moment.

Post # 5
996 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

During the ceremony, I gave my Mother-In-Law a single rose (not from my bouquet) and Darling Husband gave one to my mother. I like the way we did it. Doing it at different times seems odd to me, and on the way up the aisle I just wanted to get to my man. Haha.

Post # 6
730 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I went to a wedding once where the flower girls gave a single rose to each mother and grandmother. ADORABLE! I will say… when I was walking down the aisle, I just wanted to get to the front of the church where my husband was, and I wouldn’t have wanted any “tasks” to do on the way there! Haha. 

Post # 7
1150 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I gave my mum, my step-mom and my partner’s mom a rose before i joined my husband. I loved it! I didn’t feel rushed at all and i was very clear-headed. 

I just love the look on my dad’s face in this picture. He was so happy i included his wife! LOL

Post # 8
2385 posts
Buzzing bee

I really like the idea. I think it’s less important to worry about the “flow” of events and more important to think about how that gesture will matter to the people themselves. 

Post # 9
999 posts
Busy bee

At the weddings I been to which have all been Catholic ones, usually the couple hands a bouquet to each mother before putting at the statue of Mary. This is part of the tradition.

Post # 10
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

At my friend’s wedding  there was a part before the vows where the bride and groom each gave a rose to their parents and grandparents. It was really nice.

Post # 13
1150 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@LissaBell86: Yup. You can score some major brownie points with this. All three mothers were beaming and clinging to their roses after the ceremony. 

Look at my cute little mumsie! 

Good luck with your planning!

The topic ‘Giving Mom & Mom-In-Law a rose while walking down aisle?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors