- 8 years ago
Last year at this time, we were planning on an October 16, 2010 wedding. Early this year, we mutually decided to move it to October 1, 2011 for quite a few reasons. Now, it looks like that might not be happening.
The boy is trying to get into the local electrical union, and this will be his 3rd year trying, so we’re hopeful. If he doesn’t get in, we have decided to move to New Mexico (from IL!) so he can go to a 2 year renewable energy school. We won’t know until April or May whether he gets in the union. If he does, of course we’ll stay here. I guess I could plan a shotgun wedding in 6 months but WHEW, with all the DIY stuff I want to do, I need more time than that. I suppose we’ll just plan on a 2012 wedding at that point.
If he doesn’t get in and we move to NM, I have no clue what we’ll do. Today over lunch he said “we can do whatever we want, get married in Colorado in the mountains like we’ve talked about…” (*swoon) but this would mean giving up the vision I’ve had (and pretty much planned out) that is so “us”… a beautiful intimate ceremony with all our friends and family, a bbq reception complete with mason jars, wild flowers, and tons of amazing paper/stationery (I’m a graphic designer, hehe)
Or, we could put things on hold for 2 years while we live out there and get married when we get back, but that means I’ll be 27 and he’ll be 31 and we wanted to start a family at least a year before that.
I’m just feeling kinda bummed right now 😛 There’s nothing I can do but wait til we find out next spring. It’s just very frustrating not knowing!! UGH.