(Closed) Glasses or Contacts?

posted 10 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: What do you think of brides & glasses?
    I normally wear glasses, but I'll wear/wore contacts for my wedding. : (10 votes)
    13 %
    I normally wear glasses, so I'll wear/wore them on my wedding day. : (3 votes)
    4 %
    I plann(ed) to switch to contacts prior to my wedding. : (7 votes)
    9 %
    I've seen brides wearing glasses on their wedding day and thought it was tacky. : (7 votes)
    9 %
    I've seen brides wearing glasses on their wedding day and thought it was fine. : (16 votes)
    21 %
    I normally wear contacts and will wear/wore them on my wedding day : (14 votes)
    18 %
    I wear both glasses & contacts, and am wearing contacts on my wedding : (19 votes)
    25 %
    I wear both glasses & cotacts, and am wearing glasses on my wedding. : (0 votes)
  • Post # 17
    94 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I wear glasses 99% of the time and only pull out my contacts for special events… I like my face without my glasses… plus people are used to seeing me with them so it’ll be a pleasant surprise to see me without them!

Post # 17
    94 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I wear glasses 99% of the time and only pull out my contacts for special events… I like my face without my glasses… plus people are used to seeing me with them so it’ll be a pleasant surprise to see me without them!

Post # 18
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I’d get some contacts and try them out if you never have, see how you feel and just wear whatever makes you feel the most beautiful! I have to wear my glasses almost all the time because my eyes are super sensitive, but I plan to get LASIK before I get married!

Post # 19
    2491 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Right now I wear glasses, as when I wore contacts (years ago), they caused ulcers. That being said, I definitely plan on checking with my optometrist to see if I can wear contacts again, if even just for the wedding day.

Post # 20
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I feel like my glasses are definitely an accessory, I can’t always wear the big earrings or stuff in my hair because I feel like with the glasses it’s too much, so that could be a reason to wear contacts too

Post # 21
    3048 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1991

I think it would be fine to wear glasses if that is what you wear everyday. Maybe you could buy another pair (more fancy?) for your wedding. Brides spend tons of money on other accessories, why not glasses?! Plus, you can use them again 🙂

But as always, do what you are comfortable with. If you do decide contacts, wear them ahead of time to get used to the whole idea… not necessarily for other people… but for your own eye’s sake! 🙂

The topic ‘Glasses or Contacts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors