- 4 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
I had such a great time on Weddingbee leading up to (and a bit after) our May 24th wedding!
– I married my lifelong BFF’s brother. My MOH/BFF is now my sister! ‘Nuff said!
– She read from her elementary school diary in her toast, where we gave embarassing descriptions of our perfect mate, and other juicy details!
– My husband is super stylish, and I think he is one of the best dressed grooms ever! Not Duncan level detail oriented, but majorly close…
– My cousins in law wore orange and powder blue tuxedoes a la Dumb and Dumber. (They took “Black Tie Optional” very seriously)
– My aunt is a fairly famous singer in Chicago, and she gave us the gift of music at our ceremony, and we blubbered most of the way through it.
– Our whole wedding took place within fifteen blocks of our apartment, so we walked home, and it was very romantic. We loved sharing our ‘hood with our families, most of whom traveled from out of town.
– DIY projects were a labor of love. My husband has a design background, and we did all of the stationary ourselves. We built the photo backdrop out of parade float material and a 2×4″, and my dad set up the photo part. My husband’s aunt made our gorgeous cake, and one of my besties who is a Brooklyn mixologist designed our signature cocktails. My friends picked up the black & whites from the bakery, and my Maid/Matron of Honor and I put together the favors the night before. My husband DJs on the side, so he made our dinner playlist.
– Our band, Blah Blah Blah, was AMAZING!!! They are friends with my husband from Chicago, from when he was part of the music scene there, and so they basically played a private show for our guests!
– We got married on my parent’s 30th anniversary weekend, and many of the guests at our wedding were also at their wedding! We used their champagne flutes!
– Guitars, and bagpipes, and trumpets, oh my!
Reception pics to follow!