Post # 17
Hey lady I’m all in! Sounds like things I need to work on big time! Here’s to all us lovely women on our journey to be Mrs! Thank goodness for bee boards, it makes it less lonely.
We should all do a weekly thread on our journey thus far.
Post # 18
– Losing 5 pounds and getting fitter
– Paying off my remaining credit card debt from the holidays and vacation last Nov.
– Cooking vegetarian food and eating healthier
– Completing an additional certification to further my career.
Post # 20
I was just thinking about this! I just quit my job due to a long, inconvenient commute, and I’ve decided I want to take a little down time to work on self-improvement before I get back into the work force.
– Get my depression under control. It’s been worse than usual lately and I really need to focus on staying calm and centered and not letting “the beast” (as I call it) control me. I’m going to take a tai chi class at the local community college. I’ve heard tai chi is really good for meditation and mental health.
– Eating healthier and exercising more. I want to feel better and look better!
– Spend more time with my family. I hardly ever saw my daughter when I was working, so I want to take this opportunity to spend LOTS of quality time with her.
I think we all have great goals! Good luck, everyone 🙂
Post # 21
– Get moved up to full-time at work (this just happened, YAY!)
– Start working out again
– Drink more water
– Reign in my eating habits (overall, I’m a healthy eater, I just need more portion control! And when I’m at the bar, I shouldn’t get the cheesy bacon fries >_>)
– Try several new recipes that I’ve saved but never attempted
– Start going back to church
Post # 22
Count me in! I tried to start this at the New Year but working over 60 hours a week between two jobs really kind of put everything on hold. Am stuck between two jobs atm, working my socks off and am shattered emotionally and physically, and yet my brain still feels the need to remind me I’m nearly 30 and not married and have no kids.
Okay, once my work is cut back to one job in three weeks I will:
1. Look for a better/more secure job
2. Pay off more of my student loan (as and when able)
3. Pay more attention to my appearance (I barly brush my hair, never mind wear make-up lol)
4. Try to improve my health
Already took up volunteering to distract me (before starting the second job)
Post # 23
i realised i’m not putting as much effort into my appearence as i did when we first started seeing each other.
since we moved in together 2 and a half years ago i’ve stopped trying to impress him as much and that’s an awful habit to have gotten into!
now i’m trying to wear my contact lenses more than my glasses, even when i’m staying in all day. not putting my PJs on really early in an evening, and even buying better clothes to wear.
i’ve started going to gym classes more and eating much better (i’ve lost half a stone since christmas) and generally make myself a better person.
i’ve also decided to save up for an engagement watch for him. he’s already been really positive about my ‘timeline’ and says he’ll definitely propose whilst i’m 25 (I’m 26 in early September) so that gives me 7 months to put as much money away as i can so i can get him a Tag Heuer watch (i’m thinking along the £1,500 mark).
this way i’m not miserably waiting – and actually the longer it takes, the more i can have saved up to surprise him with! 🙂
goals: save money, get even fitter, wear better clothes.
Post # 24
Great post idea!
I honestly feel like I did a lot of personal growth in the time leading up to meeting my SO. I was new in Chicago and to fill my time and better myself I trained for my first half and full marathons. I think I’ve kind of lost myself or at least gotten stagnant in the year I’ve been with SO because I spend the majority of my free time with him.
My goals in 2012….while waiting, are:
-Train and run half marathon number 4 ( I even got the Boyfriend or Best Friend on board with this!)
-Take my certification exam for my job
-Take up spinning, yoga or pilates again
-Lose the 20 pounds that is weighing me down! I had lost 10 but got lax and gained it back during the last year with SO.