(Closed) Gobo Projector only $43.00 INCLUDING SHIPPING!!!

posted 7 years ago in Decor
Post # 4
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I wonder how much it cost for them to make the GOBO though???

Post # 6
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@emJae: I was planning on buying this package, but it will be cheaper to get that projector off ebay. Thanks for the info!

@DCSquared: Goboman has them for $59.

Post # 7
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

i just realized they are the same seller…how funny.

Post # 9
15 posts
Newbee

I’m always looking for a great deal. Unfortunately, this is a low powered, 75 watt unit. A typical desk lamp has more wattage. Hence the cheap price. Most pro gobo units are 250 watts minimum, many are 575- 750 watts. That’s so when you enlarge the image on a wall or dance floor it is still vivid even if there are other ambient light sources spilling over. You can usually rent one of these from a local stage house for less than 43.00.

And it still needs to be mounted someplace. If you simply put it on the floor or a table, guests and staff will be creating shadows when they walk in front of it. Elevating on a tripod is ok but now you have a tripping hazard due to the tripod legs. A flat, weighted base plate and extension pole is the best solution. That allows you to put the gobo almost anywhere in the room. You can rent one from a stage house, lighting or party rental supply company.

Just make sure you tape down the power cord if you’re DIYing it!

The topic ‘Gobo Projector only $43.00 INCLUDING SHIPPING!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors