(Closed) Going on a family plan with FBIL & FSIL today. Not really thrilled…

posted 9 years ago in Family
Post # 17
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@UpstateCait: If you’re paying $30 a month for data you should be grandfathered in as having unlimited data (they got rid of it a while back).  That’s how our plan is set (we also have AT&T iPhones), because you’re switching plans though you may not get that unlimited data anymore but you would have to ask that to someone at the store.

Post # 19
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I am having a HUGE issue right now with my little brother.

We are on a family plan. I got a phone under my name for him because his credit was so bad he couldnt get one.

He never pays on time. They threaten to cut my phone every month because of it.

It is SUCH stress. I am considering just lowering his phone bill to 15 bucks a month and paying the 100 bucks to get out of the data plan. 

It is seriously such a pain in the ass!!!!

Post # 20
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Not the same situation at all, but ya i hate being on a family plan. 

Post # 21
3457 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@UpstateCait: Ah.  That makes sense.  Well I guess I’d just say that honestly, I don’t see why they’d care to wade through the statement information anyways.  That’s why lawyers bury the other side in paper.  🙂  I also think, who the heck cares if he knows you made a call at 3AM or called X, Y or Z.  (Clearly my privacy tolerance is quite different than yours.)  If this continues to bother you, as it seems to be doing then just skip the extra discount and put it under your name.   You can still save him/you some money that way.  In any event, just talk to them about it and set ground rules of what they will/won’t look at without permission.  Maybe even have the statement sent to your house and not theirs.

The topic ‘Going on a family plan with FBIL & FSIL today. Not really thrilled…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors