(Closed) Going to be in Boston for 3/15-19 Considering taking engagement photos

posted 7 years ago in Boston
Post # 4
2031 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m not from Boston, but my favorite spots to visit are the wharf by Quincy Market; Quincy Market itself, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in Old City Hall; Old City Hall itself…and a zillion more.  Check out the places along the freedom trail, they’re historic so they’ve been preserved beautifully.I would LOVE to see your pics when you get them!  I’ve always wanted to have engagement photo’s in Boston…but since my Fiance has never been there it seems silly LOL. 

Post # 6
2031 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Good luck!!  Sadly, the only photographers I know are 3 hours away :-/

Post # 7
255 posts
Helper bee

OMG can I seriously suggest George Rivera Photography! He’s amazing!! And agreed on Quincy Market…there are lots of great places and old cobblestone streets that make for great pictures.

Best of luck!

Post # 9
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

If you’re still looking, try Tyra Bleek photography.  It may not be your style, but she’s really artsy, incredibly nice, and she knows a lot of cute places in the Boston area.  I went to law school with her husband, and they are a charming couple.  

Post # 10
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Try looking at Pizzuti Studios website. They are wonderful. They are located in Lowell, but they travel all over Massachusetts. I’m using them for my wedding and I know several people who have used them for engagements, weddings, family photos.

You also might try venturing north of Boston a little bit to Rockport. If you rent a car, it’s only about an hour’s drive or the commuter rail stops there as well. It is a small town right on the water with quintissential New England scenery- rocky shores, boats, beautiful coastline. It even has Motif #9 (an old fishing shack I think) that is apparently the most photographed building in the United States.

Good luck!

Post # 11
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@ReyDar64: Shane Godfrey Photography was awesome  — Shane is so easy going and comfortable to be around.  http://www.shanegodfreyphotography.com/gallery.php?g=engagement

I’d also recommend Lisa Rigby – I really wanted to go for her but she was booked on my date.

Boston is full of awesome places to shoot.  I love Back Bay and the Public Gardens are gorgeous. Even a stroll through the South End would be lovely or the famous cobblestone street in Beacon Hill. 

Post # 14
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

The only thing I’d caution you about is that in March, Boston can look beautiful if it just snowed, or more likely, rather dingy and gray.  (Lumps of dirty snow hanging around still, bare trees.) 

How about a walk down Comm Ave at twilight, when you can see the lights on the trees?

Post # 16
2589 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yeah – Feb and March are the ugliest months of living in Boston – BUT its been a very mild winter so far, so who knows.  If we’ve had a major storm within a few weeks, you’ll be stuck with nasty looking snowbanks in Beacon Hill… but if theres been a fresh snow, or no snow at all – you’re all set.

As for pubs – Bell in Hand and Union Oyster House are both worth a visit.  Cheers will pop up in all the tourist information – but I promise – don’t bother – unless you want an entire tour bus worth of elderly folks or Japanese tourists in the background of your pictures.  🙂

I’d also walk around Charlestown a bit – Main street is gaslamp lit, and the Constitution makes for a nice photo backdrop.

The topic ‘Going to be in Boston for 3/15-19 Considering taking engagement photos’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors