(Closed) Good photographers in the $1500 range?

posted 10 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heinz Chapel Ceremony, Museum Reception

Hey girl, I just wanted to sympathize. I’m trying to find a photographer for $1500 and am having a HECK of a time locating someone who does good work and doesn’t charge three times my budget for it.

Post # 4
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Where are you located? That’s also my budget and I just booked a photographer who fit my needs. I would be happy to pass along his info if you are in New England!

Post # 5
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Hey Joy, I would revert to your original photographer budget. I tried very hard to find one myself in your pricerange and was not impressed by a single portfolio. If you find a portfolio you love, ask to see the whole wedding to make sure it’s not just a fluke.

Finally, I REALLY personally prioritzied photos over video. A photo will be on your wall for a lifetime, other people are going to see it, aww at it, and it will be your main keepsake. How often are you really going to pull out your wedding video and watch it??? I’d put the extra money toward the photog if the choice were mine. We didn’t even get a wedding video bc we spent 4,500 on photos.

Post # 6
52 posts
Worker bee

You can have both!

Find a photographer who shoots with a 2nd shooter and uses hybrid SLR cameras. Some of the newest Canon and Nikon cameras will also shoot HD video, right in the same camera. I know a lot of pros who are trying to offer both services now.

It’s not 100% video like a normal videographer would shoot, but you can get the key moments in video and have stills mixed in, so you have a great little slideshow/montage.

Better yet, there is no extra equipment really needed to shoot the video, so realistically, there is no reason why your venue would be able to complain. 

Just an option!

Post # 8
250 posts
Helper bee

Many photographers travel and make shoots…..

Ours is very affordable and is located in the Tampa Bay Area….
Jason Angelini. 

http://www.jasonangeliniphotography.com   Check out his blog~ his lovely wife updatees it almost daily with Eshoots and new weddings.  Lovely couple.

Latest raves on THE KNOT West Coast Florida board about him this week.

Post # 9
5262 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Where are you located? I know a good photographer that will shoot for a little more than that (I think his first package is about $1700) because he’s only been doing weddings for a little over a year. He’s booking up fast, and has some gorgeous pics, but I don’t know if he travels. 

By the way, FSIL’s videographer was a family friend, and I think that can sometimes work just fine. For us, photography is way more important, and so we’re choosing not to pay for a videographer so that we can splurge a little on the photographer. 

Post # 10
683 posts
Busy bee

Good luck on you search. However, if you don’t find anything, I would just cut out the videographer, both my sister’s had one, and the video collects dust on the shelves. Most videography I see is a fancy slide-show anyway.

Those pics are the only thing you have after the wedding. Make sure you don’t miss out on a photographer you love. Who knows? You may find both! Keep at it!

Post # 11
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

If you’re set on having video, try asking a photographer you really love if they can offer you any alternate packages. My situation isn’t exactly the same as yours, we just had a tiny ceremony, no videographer, but were still looking for something reasonably priced. Our photog offered us almost unlimited shooting for the wedding, reception and an after shoot. She edited the photos and gave us all the rights, and the photos on DVDs. We got almost 2000 pics I think. We have made our own copies using SnapFish.

Our package was $1,200. And, she also offered if we want to come back to her later, she could make an album for us.

Post # 12
3282 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Where are you?

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I was married at the Wayfarers Chapel this past June and I disliked all the photographers they “suggested” from there pamphlet.  Instead I hired a photographer I found through Yelp and he was very good. His name is Nathan and the website is http://www.weddingsbynathan.com. He’s located in Redondo Beach. Check him out! Package prices are within the $1,000 to $3,500 range.  We loved our pictures and he was easy to work with.

The topic ‘Good photographers in the $1500 range?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors