- 5 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
Hi ladies, thank you all for your support, help, and intersting feedback over the past few months -it has helped me through a lot. Well, the wedding happened, it was perfect, gorgeous, and my fiance and i went through hell for it. So much stress with our families, with ourselves, and it was just unhealthy. So i was thinking as a goodbye to write some tips 😉
- In the beginning, carefully decide how payment will be. Basically the plan was for our parents to split 50/50 a few items. This is a disaster because both parties had very different ideas of budget, and band/flowers/etc. It would have saved a lot of family drama if we had said “you purchase the flowers’ “you purchase the band”
- Yes, there’s a lot of attention us bees get for the wedding. Lots of praise, conversations, compliments, and questions. Well the wedding comes and its FANTASTIC, but after the wedding, it goes away, and you are married. Make sure you have the best husband/wife you could have dreamed of! Because trust me, it all goes away, and you go back to life. I’m thankful i’m excited with my husband, because if i was someone who just wanted to get married, well the wedding comes and goes-the most important thing throughout the stress and planning is YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO YOUR FUTURE SPOUSE
- Be cautious with your words about your fi’s family. Because one day, they will be your family. My Future Sister-In-Law was a real drama queen and didn’t want to be a Bridesmaid or Best Man because i didn’t choose the dress she liked. Ultimately, she stayed a Bridesmaid or Best Man. I was pissed, i said really angry things because frankly, I hated her. But she came around and was one of the people who gave the nicest and most touching speeches. I don’t know if we’ll ever be best friends , but i realize that we are now truly family
- The weight was lost. I was so stressed about it and had not lost anything! Two months before i was like, you know what? i clearly can’t get myself to the gym . So my fiance bought me a nice pass to a gym class and I went with other ladies and did a class. it was a great way to force myself to do it. I also used myfitnesspal. In the end i lost weight, maybe i wasn’t the skinniest thing, but i looked and felt great. Your fiance will love you even if you aren’t an 95lb model, just workout to be healthy and to fit in the most expensive dress you’ll ever own!
- The main thing is- your fiance is the most important thing. I’m telling you the wedding will come and go, whether it rains or not, whether your bms can all make it or not,t he main thing is your future spouse. don’t lose sight of that
- ALso- try to avoid having expectations-everything that i did not have expectations about i turned out really pleased with. its hard not to have expectations but they can often lead to dissapointments.
Good luck and again, thanks for all your support. good luck on your weddings!!