Post # 3
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011
Post # 5
1310 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Were your periods regular before going on the Pill? Even if they were, it’s normal to skip periods after getting off B.C. You don’t actually get your period when you’re on the Pill, you just have a withdrawal bleed from the medication. It can take up to a year for your body to readjust and start ovulating/shedding uterine lining on its own on a regular schedule.

If your periods were irregular before you got on the Pill, you’ll probably go right back to that pattern again.

If you’re worried though I would definitely go see the doctor.

Post # 6
541 posts
Busy bee

@MrsMcdonald: My posts are getting eaten when I try to post from my phone…

So yep, the last time I went off the pill, I didn’t get my period for about three months, so I don’t think it was abnormal. I was also a little stressed out because I had just started a new position at work and had to travel for a few weeks, had a personal vacation, etc. I would say if you were irregular before coupled with any type of wedding stress, probably nothing to worry about. But if it doesn’t return to semi-normal after a month or so, I would be a little concerned if there is a chance you could be pregnant.

Post # 9
541 posts
Busy bee

@MrsMcdonald: It was definatly weird, and I had always been like clockwork since I first got my period was I was 10. As in never skipped a month, and always came at the same time. But like you, I had also been on BC forever, so who knows what kind of hormonal turmoil happened when I went off of it. I can tell you that when it did come back, I dubbed those three months as the happiest of my life, lol.

Post # 11
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I have had irregular periods from going off the pill before, however, since you stopped so close to when it would have came if you had stayed on, this seems a bit off to me. Moreso since you seemed to have unprotected sex while off the pill as well. If you didn’t want your period for your wedding, why didn’t you just skipp the blamk pills and move onto the next pack? I’m clearly not a Dr. but if it was me, I’d go see my Dr. as this seems counterintuiative to everythign I know about the pill.

Post # 12
533 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I wouldn’t stress too much till you talk to your doctor.  Last summer I didn’t have my period for 3 months, and I was on the pill.  I called my doctor after I took a pregnancy test (3 actually) and he said it was nothing to be worried about as long as I wasn’t having any other side effects. Since you are having some side-affects I think you should call your doctor.  It might be nothing (anxiety/stress that you are worried you are pregnant, or stress from the wedding/life changing events), but it’s better to be safe than sorry.  Good Luck!

Post # 14
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MrsMcdonald: One of the key ways HBC works is by thinning your uterine lining. This way, if an egg is fertilized, it can’t implant. Any bleeding you have while on HBC is NOT an actual period. Once you come off BC, it can take your system quite some time to normalize. For some it’s 1 month… most a few months… some can take over a year. If your doctor is not explaining this all to you, I would find a new doc ASAP.

Also, if she’s saying your lining is VERY thin, it may be worth to find out more about as it could lead to complications with become pregnant if that’s your goal.

In the mean time, get the book, Taking Charge of your Fertility. It should help explain your cycle to you and will teach you how you can become pregnant and read your fertility naturally… and conversely, also avoid getting pregnant naturally. The pull out method is not going to work. 

The topic ‘Got off B.C. bills & no P……’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors