(Closed) Got to Lose weight/100 days to go til wedding

posted 11 years ago in Fitness
Post # 32
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

you guys are great! i’m bookmarking this post so i can write down all the good tips!

i started a new blog to help keep me accountable..http://soon2behealthybride.blogspot.com/

i may need some encouragement 🙂 

Post # 33
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

A few pearls from my own weight loss efforts:

1. Weightwatchers.com    Great way of learning how to cook healthy.  If you join, they have an online food diary and you can track your daily point.

2.  small goals work best   Example: don’t say I will do 100 sit ups a day.  Just do sit ups for 1 minute every day.  Read a study where women made small goals (push ups or sit up for 1minute EVERY day for 30 days) and they lost on average 7lbs just by exercising ONE minute every day

3. Don’t obsess. You’ll set yourself up for failure.

Good luck!

Post # 34
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Sorry if I am repeating I didnt have a chance to go through all the comments — but it’s super important for you to talk to your doctor too. He/She can help you find the best way for your body to get to where you want it to be. They can help get you on a diet, or suggest a nutritionist or a specific food to avoid. Primary Care Physicians know more then you think — use them!

Good luck!  Weight loss is tough but if you put your mind to it you can accomplish it!

Post # 35
18 posts
Newbee

Everyone has such great advice! I think a couple of posters mentioned that the arms, neck and face are the parts of the body that will be most visible on your wedding day.

So with that, does anyone have good advice on how to tone the arms? Because I’ve had wrist problems on and off, push ups aren’t a great option for me. Light hand weights work though! Any good exercises that help get rid of that unwanted arm jiggle?? thanks!

Post # 36
796 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I have to agree with other posters….excercise helps out a lot, but to lose serious weight it has got to be about changing food habits. I lost about 40 pounds doing WeightWatchers, with the points, and it was hard but totally worth the results. I don’t want to be a shill for them, but it was what worked for me.

I am trying to get back into it but with the holidays here it is so hard! I have a little over 100 days left so I am right there with you! We can do it! We might just have to wait until December 26 to start.

Post # 37
5822 posts
Bee Keeper

Crispysgirl,

It’s been a month since your last post, how are you doing??

My tip:

Maybe for your wedding you don’t care about weight as much as size.  You may want to try neoprene shorts; Bally makes comfortable ones.  They make you sweat when you work out your buns and thighs.  They also make arm bands and belly bands that do the same thing.  They make you lose water, and thus make the fat cells in those areas accessable.  It’ll help you slim down in that area if you have a problem with water retention.  Also cutting down on sodium and increasing your potassium will reduce your tendency to retain water.

Post # 38
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I like Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Samsone. She is kind of cheesy, but she motivates me and it isn’t too bad, but it gets you fit. I also like Tae-bo to change things up. I used to do it in highschool and broke it out again for wedding dress fittings.

Post # 39
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Special K Protein Water (powder), Food Journal, Jillian Michaels = you’ll be good to go!

The topic ‘Got to Lose weight/100 days to go til wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors