Post # 1
Every so often I like to stop and ponder about my relationship with the mister and this weekend I came up with a pretty good list that got me through the waiting lull:
1) that I have, in fact, found the man I want to spend my life and build a future and familty with and that he feels the same way
2) that my guy indulges my obsessive planning ways and encourages me to look for things for our wedding and offers his opinions
3) that he initiates a lot of our wedding/marriage/future plans discussions
4) that I’m comfortable in our relationship enough to tell him how I truly feel, even it if means admitting that sometimes I’m fearful about being strung along and how much this waiting period sucks
5) that he works hard to reassure me and remove any doubts I may have
6) that he really, truly loves me
As much as this waiting cycle can really suck, I have honestly enjoyed the time we’ve had together and its helped to get me really insanely excited about our future together. So ladies, what are a few things you’re grateful for?
Post # 3
great list- you have a great man!
I am grateful for my SO because he –
- is a great father
- is emotionally considerate/conscious (just not about the waiting part though)
- cooks (a huge plus)
- is always thinking of the positive in any situaiton
- can tolerate me and accepts my flaws
- loves me- which is something I haven’t had a guy do in a long while… he genuinely cares for me.
Post # 4
It does sound like you have a really great guy That is so nice that he encourages you to look at wedding stuff…
Post # 5
@armychica06: sounds like your guy sounds pretty fabulous as well. i always love hearing about guys who cook.
Post # 6
Y’all sound like you have really great SOs! 🙂
I’m grateful for my SO cause he:
-makes me laugh
-is very patient, even when I’m being a stubborn, hot-head!
-loooooves kids (including mine!)
-makes me want to be a better person
-supports me and encourages me in whatever I do
-loves me despite my flaws, both emotional and physical
-is very positive, and encourgages me to be as well (I’m a negative Nancy)
-has a good heart and is a good person
-can fix almost anything! 🙂
Post # 7
Awww… everyone’s SOs sound wonderful.
I’m grateful for Mr. Foxxy because:
-He’s so sweet & thoughtful.
-He cooks! (YES!! LoL)
-He’s a super cutie… :o)
-He’s super smart & completely motivates/supports my educational endeavors. (currently pursuing my Master’s)
-He’s very honest & I never have to question his intentions or whereabouts, as I have with previous BFs.
-He’s very social & lovable… everyone likes him. He’s a bit opposite of me in that way.. I’m more introverted & can be shy at times.. but I’m usually attracted to the opposite.
-We totally “get” each other.. :o)
Post # 8
I love that you started this post. I think a lot of times, girls..myself included focus too much on the ring while we’re waiting for that ring. And we forget that part of the end goal, is the wonderful journey. So here is my list:
*He tells me I am beautiful when I have no makeup on, and my hair is a mess.
*He loves talking about being married to me.
* He is always there for me, even when I am complaining about my day.
*We are best friends.
*He loves cuddling and holding my hand.
*He is the most wonderful man I have ever met.
I loved reading everyone else’s posts about their SOs. 🙂
Post # 9
@MsFoxxy: “He’s very social & lovable… everyone likes him. He’s a bit opposite of me in that way.. I’m more introverted & can be shy at times.. but I’m usually attracted to the opposite.”
This is totally us! He is a serious social butterfly and never meets a stranger, everyone is his friend. While I’m pretty shy and introverted and it takes me a while to warm up to people. I guess opposites do attract. 🙂
Post # 10
there are a lot of wonderful men in our lives. so glad to hear that, especially when some people complain about there not being any good men left! and especially men that cook!
@MsFoxxy:, @tomboypink: haha, we’re the opposite! i’m more outgoing than he is and am definitely the “social butterfly” in the outfit, but you’re right, opposites definitely attract.
reading everyone’s list makes me think of even more things i’m grateful for in my guy. he’s gonna get showered with extra special attention when he comes to visit next week!
Post # 11
Thanks Tea for starting this thread. It made me realize all the great qualities my SO has:
-patient even when i’m driving him crazy with engagement talk
-caring and genuinely concerned about me
-loyal to his family and friends
-knows when i’m having a bad day without saying anything and knowing exactly how to cheer me up
-knows the exact spot on my back that is sore and give a great massage
-knowing he is the love of my life and can’t wait to spend the rest of it with him
Love reading all about everyone’s fantastic guys 🙂
Post # 12
LOVE this thread!… I read al ot of these on my mobile internet, which is rubbish because I can never respond, now I’m properly online at home I’ll contribute!:
I’m grateful for my special man because:
- He understand me, very often when I don’t even understand myself.
- He’s so carefree and relaxed he calms me down when I get all “female”!
- His family is important to him. Mine are to me and I love that we value that together
- He comes from a particularly fortunate background; private schooling, luxury upbringing but he is the most generous and giving man I know.
- He’s intelligent. I find it such a turn on that he can teach me a thing or 2 about anything!
Post # 13
thanks for sharing! another thing i love about my guy is that he actually remembers things i say. especially funny because i say i want or need to do so many things that i forget what i said. lol. like, i casually mentioned needing a dress for my 30th bday since he said i shouldn’t rewear one i owned. i forgot about it and he bought me a dress for christmas, like 6 months after we had that discussion. crazy.
Post # 15
@tea: That’s so sweet that he remembered! I can’t even say mine would remember that! 🙂 And I’m jealous that you are outgoing – I really wish I was!!! But then maybe I wouldn’t be with my guy.
I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s posts – I love this thread!
I thought of a few more….I’m also grateful for my SO cause:
-I can tell him ANYTHING without worrying about him being judgemental
-He has a way of calming me down when I’m fired up (esp. at him!)
-I can trust him
-He really listens to me
-He prefers me without makeup – Yay! – but I won’t go without it except when its time for bed lol!
-He’s my very best friend!
Ok, I’m done. I don’t want to gush about him too much, it will get sickening! 🙂