Post # 1
I was wondering if any of y’all had gotten, or are getting, your bridesmaids gifts you think they’d really like. I’ve seen the robes, coffee mugs, and water bottles, but I’d really like to get them something unique and practical.
Post # 2
Jessica Deal :
What are their interests or hobbies? It is much easier to choose a gift for each Bridesmaid or Best Man if you know what those are. Robes are a prop for your pics and I doubt many BM’s need another coffee mug or water bottle.
Post # 3
- Wedding: March 2018 - Anthem Golf & Country Club
When I was a Bridesmaid or Best Man in my friend’s wedding, I received a monogramed canvas tote filled with a few little gifts (chocolates, flip flops for dancing, a cute necklace)… I used/ate the gifts inside the tote, but the tote is the gift that I get the most use out of! I use it as beach bag, if I ever have overnight stays somewhere, anytime I need to carry stuff but don’t need something the size of a duffle bag! I plan on doing this for my BMs as well!
Post # 4
Jessica Deal :
I shopped for my BMs like I would on their birthdays. I did not get them anything related to the wedding and I didn’t get them all identical things. I think that makes a big difference – anything that’s for the wedding (jewelry, robes, emergency supply filled totes, bridesmaid monogramed cups) is not, IMO, a gift.
Some things I got for my BMs – a really cool diaper bag for my (at the time) pregnant SIL, concert tickets and a perfect concert tank top for my Bridesmaid or Best Man who always goes to country concerts with me, a dog rescue tote, tshirt and matching dog bandana for my rescue loving friend. They were all very appreciative of everything!
Post # 5
I got my girls this purse: http://women.duluthtrading.com/store/womens/work-clothes/lifetime-leather-bags/58801.aspx?processor=content
It’s one I use myself and absolutely love, plus I think it goes with most styles/personalities. We’re having a destination wedding so I wanted to get them something a bit nicer than most bridesmaids gifts since they’re shelling out big bucks to attend our wedding.
In general, I think it’s a good idea to either go the route of picking individual gifts that fit each person’s personality or go with something you love and think they will too. Fingers crossed my girls love their bags!
Post # 6
The gifts I’ve appreciated most have been things that were unique to my personality/interests, rather than one-of-a-set-of-5 totebags/coffee mugs/etc. And not stuff that is indended to be a prop in wedding photos!
Some favorite bridesmaid gifts I’ve received:
- nice bottle of whisky
- nice bottle of wine or champagne
- donation to a charity I am very passionate about, in my name (this may have been my favorite gift ever!)
- basket of some favorite bath products from Lush (the bride did her research and knew my favorite products/scents)
- a small box of my absolute favorite luxury chocolate (this was special because it took a bit of effort for the bride to obtain)
- membership to a local art museum (free entry plus a discount in the cafe/store for a year!). This was awesome, as I’m passionate about art and felt very individual.
- A really sweet note expressing appreciation for my friendship. This was from a friend’s wedding 15 years ago, and I still have it.
And the least favorite:
- the dreaded “Getting ready robe”. I’m very busty and the robes were sized very small. I’m sure the bride thought “no one could possible be an XXL!”… and then, my robe was too small to wrap around and cover my bosoms. MORTIFYING.
- mongrammed tote bag (identical to the ones the other girls received). It was an okay gift, but it didn’t feel very personal or like the bride realized we were unique individuals. I don’t have it anymore, but I think our monograms were done in the bride’s favorite color, which was not a color I cared for. If we had each received a bag in our favorite color, that would have been better.
- Identical earrings/necklaces as the other girls. Not my taste/style, did not make me feel seen as an indiviual.
- Anything with the bride/groom’s names, initials, or photograph on it
Post # 7
Jessica Deal :
I bought gifts chosen from each lady’s Etsy wish list. For the one that didn’t have one, I chose a necklace with an inscription related to an inside joke. Everyone loved their gifts because they were specifically tailored to them.
Post # 8
I have about a year until my wedding so none of this is finalized yet, but I’m thinking of doing a pajama set (yes, very much as a photo prop but hopefully something they can wear again. It won’t have any “bridesmaid” insignia) since many of them already have a huge collection of bridesmaid robes. I don’t know about jewelry yet, but if I decide they all need to wear the same necklace or something I’ll gift that to them as well. Then, I’ll really want to put some thought into a more personalized gift for each of them, since they all have pretty different personalities.