Post # 1
Looking for recommendations in central Jersey for great DJs – charismatic, knows how to manage great flow of the party, balance with songs, and can do a great assortment of 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and current tunes. Noncheesy, non-tacky. Event will be semiformal, but sophisticated.
Thanks so much!
Post # 3
Try contacting Chris Chen of Dynasty Weddings. I used them for my wedding and they were fantastic! Chris is very personable and loved him from our first meeting! It was important for me to find a DJ that knew how to feel out the crowd. Aside from our entrance, first dance, and cake cutting songs, I left the rest up to him to choose and all my guests were surprised to find that I gave him very little direction. He can be reaced at [email protected] Best of luck!
Post # 4
Great! I’ll definitely check him out.
Post # 5
Not sure if this is too far north for you, but I am using Premier Entertainment in East Rutherford. I have been to a few weddings where they djaied and they were always really fun!
Post # 6
Dave with MixMaster DJs. They’re north Jersey, but they travel.
Post # 7
i definitely recommend this magic moment DJs located in central jersey. the guy has been doing it since he’s been in HS and is great!
Post # 8
beware DJ Jeffrey Heart.
- Only HALF the songs played at the wedding were from the playlist we provided even though he had assured us several times that he would have them all; we even offered to obtain them for him, but he insisted he was capable of pulling everything from iTunes. We spent hours on that list.
- He left the wedding after the ceremony, without telling us, and left a replacement DJ whom we had never met and who had no idea what he was doing.
- We sent him the schedule for the reception twice via email, but the replacement DJ did not get that info. He was nervously asking me all these questions about what was supposed to go on before my first dance. I had to re-write the entire schedule for him – in the middle of my own wedding reception!
- The replacement DJ announced to the crowd 30 min too early that the wedding was ending, so people left the dance floor and started leaving. When I questioned DJ Heart about this, all he could say was that he is not responsible for when people decide to leave.
- The DJ omitted my dedication song to my bridesmaids; DJ Heart again weakly responded that he was NOT contracted to play ANY specific songs even though his own "wedding day form" asks for requests, including bridal party thank you dance– I guess I should feel lucky he felt like playing the ‘first dance’ song we had chosen, although he even messed that up with the music starting/stopping/starting and the moment being ruined.
- The DJ played the SAME song TWICE during a 3-hr period.
These were the most egregious things. DJ Heart never contacted us to try to tell us why he left early. We contacted him, and I must say that he at least responded very quickly, but denied our complaints even though he wasn’t even at the reception, and took no responsibility.
If you don’t mind whatever music the DJ plays and don’t mind some of your "special songs" not being played, then you may do alright with this DJ. But otherwise, you may have the same problems that we did. We did not receive the "personalized" service that he advertises on his website.
For more reviews, check http://www.martin-isani.com/