(Closed) Great Gatsby/ art deco/1920s theme HELP!

posted 5 years ago in Themes
Post # 46
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Hey ladies. Here are some designers that make 1920’s inspires dresses appropriate for bridesmaid dresses: patra, adrianna pappell, pisarro nights & Aidan Mattox. I believe most are sold at Macys or Nordstrom. Check out ebay for a better price there are tons of listings.

Post # 47
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Hi Art Deco Loving Bees!  I got married and wanted to share my “teaser” pics with you guys so you can see how I pulled off the art deco theme.  The getting ready shots were at the Biltmore Hotel and the wedding/reception were at the Cicada Club, both in downtown Los Angeles. 

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!  I think when I get the all the pics there will be more of the details. 

http://peardoncarrillophoto.smugmug.com/gallery/43233130_X5XX3p/3419534715_bggXFPX

Password:  happy

THanks for looking!

Post # 48
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Mfrouhar:  

I am totally in love with this theme. I am happy you asked the question because I felt so lost, but wanted to make a wedding that just made you feel like your in the 1920s. Thank you for your inspirations and I am also following your Pinterest board lol (mine is private but I can definitely send you the link so you can have access). 

Post # 49
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

I’m so happy to see this thread! I’m doing a 1920’s inspired theme. It isn’t going to be over the top Gatsby. More just touching on the elements we love about the era. Our colours are charcoal and silver, with lots of glassware and silver for centrepieces.

My Dress, which I still have to order:

Our venue. It will be winter so we are hoping for some rain, or the fog to com rolling in on the hills:

My FH will be wearing a bespoke charcoal 3 piece suit.

We will be searching for invites soon, but most of the good ones online don’t post to Australia, so we will have to hunt down a good local source. FH is super keen to start scouring second hand shops for glasswear 🙂

Post # 50
2554 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Mfrouhar:  I downloaded a bunch of fonts for free…somewhere (sorry!), I didn’t save the link but I just googled free fonts and found these.  I’ve seen more art deco-ish fonts but free was the price I was willing to pay so I used these.  Hope that helps!  These are the font names so if you google them by name you should be able to download.

Post # 52
2554 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Simpsonsheart:  You’re quite welcome!  I love the art deco style, post photos of your DIY stuff when you’re finished 🙂

Post # 53
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

FlapperGal:  Just looked at your album and it gorgeous. You looked stunning and so so happy. Amazing job. Well done and congrats

Post # 54
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

This thread is amazing!

Post # 55
243 posts
Helper bee

How did I not find this thread until now? ! Amazing! 

Post # 56
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

I am not getting married but I am doing my daughters Quinceanera (sweet 15) next year 2016 and I am so glad i found this thread. She is having an old hollywood gatsby theme as well. her colors are Coral turquoise and silver. our plan is to have tall Trumpet style vases with feathers and crystals for centerpieces. Any other ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Post # 57
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2016

This thread has been a life saver! I’m currently planning my 2016 great gatsby theme wedding. Thank you all for the amazing ideas and pictures

Post # 60
3169 posts
Sugar bee

LonnyLee:  minted post to Australia and they are fantastic. We ordered a bunch of samples and the quality was fab – including the letterpress. We’re not going with them but only because we ended up going cutom. 

The topic ‘Great Gatsby/ art deco/1920s theme HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors