(Closed) Grooms Birthday & Wedding Day on the same day ideas!!! Help!

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1325 posts
Bumble bee

Light candles if you can! lol

Or how about a slideshow of him through the years? What about a special, slightly grown-up looking birthday crown for the lucky groom?

Perhaps make a formal announcement about how everyone gathered is not only celebrating your union, but another happy year for you SO. To celebrate, maybe play a birthday themed dance song, I can’t think of one except for 50 cent… lol

I’ll think some more on this!

Post # 5
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I like the post about the Victorian times superstition, you should have your DJ read this outloud at your reception.

Post # 6
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Ok so I know that this is really crazy, but a friend of mine did something who was in the same exact situation. She hired the local high school marching band for $300 (donations for a trip and a tax right off) and they marched into the reception and played him Happy Birthday.  It was stinking fantastic!

Post # 7
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

i think getting everyone to sing to him would be great! maybe you can do one little birthday cupcake or something?

i had 3 (family) birthdays my wedding weekend so i made all of them come to the dance floor so we could sing happy birthday to them.

i got married 2 days before valentines day and 5 days before my husbands birthday so we were on the honeymoon when he turned 26! i made sure to make reservations at one of the restaurants on the resort that was nicer and bought him flying lessons, he really wants to get his pilots license.

Maybe you could plan a little birthday evening for him a few days later while you are on the honeymoon?

The topic ‘Grooms Birthday & Wedding Day on the same day ideas!!! Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors