(Closed) Grooms men with NO boutonniere? YES or NO ?? with pocket square instead…

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
  • poll: Would it look ok if the groommen do NOT wear a boutonniere?
    Go for it! It will still look good. : (66 votes)
    92 %
    Nope... find a way for them to have a boutonniere. It looks better. : (6 votes)
    8 %
  • Post # 18
    2441 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Pocket squares will look great!

Post # 20
    929 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

anyone have a picture of this? it sounds great!

Post # 21
    26 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2011

My Fiance refused flowers too so I’ve been working on a suprise for him. I have star trek comm badges for all of him and his guys. I’m hoping its not too much, but we both love star trek and its not like he’s getting an enterprise groom’s cake.

Post # 22
    167 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Our groomsmen aren’t wearing one.  My Fiance said it would “mess up his look”. LOL

Post # 24
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: October 2011

My fiance associates flowers with his father’s funeral, so he said “no flowers” and is instead wearing a military pin.  I think it’s fine.  My brother, the best man, asked for a “best man badge” so I gave up on flowers for the guys.  I think it’s fine.  It’s their day, too, and if the guys don’t want to wear flowers, by all means, … give him this one thing.  I was just at a wedding wear the bride made all the men wear pink and you could tell they were all just humiliated.  

Post # 25
    3600 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

We completely forgot the pins, so only DH got to wear his. I had a spare pin in my bouquet.

Post # 26
    3977 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I used to have a picture of a mod/hipster type wedding with pocket squares made out of recycled cloth napkins. Can’t find it anymore though, I must have delted it.

Or you could always fold the pocket square into an interesting shape. THey have tons of tutorials on how to fold them to look less like an old handkerchief hanging out in your pocket 🙂

Post # 28
    11324 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

I think its fined. I actually nixed our bouts at the last minute bc the florist screwed them up and I kinda hated them.

Post # 29
    2814 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I think pocket squares are fine.  I personally don’t like the look of a pocket square AND a boutonniere.  It should be one or the other in my opinion.

Post # 31
    9050 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

We did this.  DH wore a dress uniform from the police force, so you can’t just stick a boutoniere on there.  And then it seemed strange that groomsmen/dads would be like, MORE special than the groom so we skipped it for everybody.

The topic ‘Grooms men with NO boutonniere? YES or NO ?? with pocket square instead…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors