Post # 3
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Look up the nub theory! 

Post # 4
2780 posts
Sugar bee

@Monny:  I found out at 13 weeks. The dr said 95% it was a girl…and it was conformed at 16 weeks

Post # 5
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Based on nub theory I could tell!

Post # 6
1179 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

nub theory for sure! but if you dont want to know don’t google it! cause you will find out what you’re having! lol

Post # 8
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am by no means a nub expert, but my guess is boy from the pic.  I also think that if the tech is willing to tell you so early, and he/she is positive that there is something “extra” for the tech to see so to speak.  You can also submit your pic to a nub theory forum website, and people who are more of experts will tell you what they think.  I can’t find the link to that website though right now though… sorry!

Post # 10
11752 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

In my experience, usually if it’s a boy they will tell you earlier.

Post # 11
1179 posts
Bumble bee

I’m also kind of seeing boy but it’s hard to tell if thats for sure the nub or part of a leg or what! def subit to in gender!

Post # 12
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I see no nub! Neither do I see one on my US pic!

Post # 13
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My US tech and my OB was able to guess with 99.9% accuracy the gender of our baby at our 12 week NT scan. Based on the nub theory I’ve researched extensively online, I’m sure they are right. They took plenty of pictures at all angles and we’re sure it’s a little boy nub and not a little girl nub. We were also able to see his legs move around and know that what we were looking at were not legs/feet. He was sitting/laying in a perfect position and angle though.

Post # 14
1179 posts
Bumble bee

@applebeee:   i took your photo and circled the nub and also drew the lines to show you how it correlates to the girl nub theory! how far are you in this u/s? the nub theory can be about 95 percent correct in the 13+ weeks… once the nub is pointing UP verse kind of parrallel or horizontal like your nub, its a boy and it can not go back down. so when the nub is still horizontal, it could possibly still move to point up resulting in a boy. and i think thats where the room for error is.

Post # 15
1179 posts
Bumble bee

@lilbluebird:  ive also been googling the nub theory a lot! It sounds like when they think its a boy because its pointing up, thats pretty accurate without error because once its up it does not go back down. but the horizontal girl nub could still potentially move to point up.. thats the way i have read it though! I also found that it said its about 95% accurate after 13 weeks and at 12 its only about 75. we plan to get our NT scan just after 13 weeks cause i turn 13 weeks on a saturday. so we will have it on a tues or wed and im hoping to catch baby in a good spot to catch my gender! :}

Post # 16
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@gpsp2B:  12 weeks in that photo, I can’t figure out how to post a photo in the gender prediction forum provided above 🙁

So based on that theory we are looking at a girl?  Check out this photo too, a clear shot right between the legs LOL.

The topic ‘Guessing Gender at 12.5 weeks?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors