(Closed) Guest count & total wedding cost

posted 9 years ago in Money
Post # 32
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

700 guests at $24,000. This included venue, rentals, catering, musicians, decor, photographers, attire, flowers, rehearsal dinner, invitations & thank yous (and everything else I missed).

Post # 33
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

200 guests at 35,000 not including honeymoon.

Post # 34
2777 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

80-90 guests. £10K incl. honeymoon, rings, dress, etc. Reception only around £3-4K.

Post # 35
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I think it all depends on where you live.

We’re having about 175-200 people. and so far have spend about $8,000. Not including honeymoon(his parents are paying for that). We have a few months to go so we think we’ll end up at about $12,000.

Post # 36
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@PortlandBride…..you had 700 guests!!!!  Omg…that in itself requires a posting of it’s own.  AND it only cost you $24K for that many people!  Wow!  You must be super savy when it comes to money.  You totally have my admiration.

We are hoping to keep the # of guests at 220 tops and the total cost will be around $25K….(that is if we do not add anymore “extras” in the next 9 weeks)!

Post # 37
2443 posts
Buzzing bee

30-40 guests at 10,000. We’re getting married in Mexico so that includes our honeymoon, our parents’ trips and rings. Without that stuff we’d be at about 4,000.

Post # 38
3316 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Ours was just under $10,000 for 60 guests.  However, ours was complicated (and the cost increased) by the fact we were a same-sex wedding.  That increased the cost of everything from the synagogue (we had to get married in Massachusetts, and pay nonmember rates) to wedding dresses (we needed two of them).

Post # 39
330 posts
Helper bee

@futureMrs.L: We got pretty lucky all around. I used to be an event/wedding planner, so I used a lot of my connections there. Also, my father in law is really well connected and he helped us get some good deals on things. We had 700 people because Father-In-Law is head pastor of our home church (my husband grew up in the church, so everyone knew him), which is pretty big, and we extended the invitation to the whole congregation. It was a wonderful celebration being surrounded by so many people who cared about us, and it made for an awesome dance party! 🙂

Post # 40
1601 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We’re budgeting $10 000 for about 180 invited guests, hoping no more than 160 will come. However, we’re not having alchohol and we don’t have to pay any venue rentals so that cuts down a lot on costs.

Post # 41
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I agree – the cost definitely depends on location and type of venue.

We are inviting 200 guests (and anticipating 160).  If we used typical wedding vendors and not DIY stuff it would be at least $50K.  We estimated $30K in wedding-only costs (i.e., not including honeymoon, rings) but are going over by 10 to 15%. 

Good Luck and welcome to the hive!

Post # 42
1051 posts
Bumble bee

$18k for the entire wedding weekend: rehearsal with 25 ppl, 2 night accom. for us & the 12-member bridal party, full wedding day with 120 ppl, and the day-after brunch with about 20 ppl).  Includes wedding rings, does not include my ering or our honeymoon.

Our venue (for the entire weekend) and food were about 65% of our total.  We were fortunate to be able to borrow & DIY just about all the decorations and bring our own alcohol which were HUGE cost-savers.

Post # 43
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

$40,477 for 110 guests not including the honeymoon.

Post # 44
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Our budget is around $20K for 225 guests which includes Future In-Laws international flights, but not the honeymoon.

Post # 45
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Signed, sealed and out the door for 110 guests – $32k. This is a formal sit-down dinner (no DJ) and includes all expenses for bridal party, and future MIL travel and lodging.  Only thing not included is e-ring.

Post # 46
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Our budget is $18,000 for about 250 guests. We’re hoping for more like 200 people to show up (we have a lot of out-of-town invites).

This includes a Catholic ceremony, a Saturday night dinner reception with open bar (well liquors).

The topic ‘Guest count & total wedding cost’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors