Post # 16
Driving, I’d come Thursday. Flying, Wednesday most likely.
But honestly I probably would not attend a wedding like this unless it was a sibling or my BFF. 3 days of PTO for someone’s wedding plus flights is a bit much for me.
Post # 17
If i had to fly then i would be flying out the day before. However, I’d just ask everyone when they plan on flying out and go from there.
Post # 18
I would do my best to travel on the Thursday, however as a PP said this is irrelevant to you as we aren’t your guests.
Putting down a blind deposit on rooms sounds disastrous and complicated. I would highly caution against doing that.
Just let people book when and where they want to. It’s midweek so shouldn’t have issues with availability.
Post # 19
I too would likely not attend unless you were my sibling or best friend. In that case I’d want to fly in the night before. Weather could be bad and flights could always be cancelled or delayed. I would not be thrilled about having to take all of those days off no matter who you were but a midweek wedding is not inherently rude so I’d either attend or I wouldn’t.
Post # 20
I would probably travel the day before because I get super stressed out about travel when I know there is a hard timeline to keep lol
Post # 21
“and the majority already confirmed they would be there no matter what day of the week.“
I would be cautious of this, especially if it involves non-refundable deposits. Just because someone is saying they will be there no matter what months/a year out from the wedding does not mean they will attend. Ask anyone who has planned a destination wedding, inconvienently timed wedding or difficult to get to wedding.
Honestly it sounds like you are putting a venue a head of people. You are saying that a venue is more important than your guests time and money.