(Closed) Guests getting professional hair & makeup-normal?

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

I’ve never done it, but weddings are pretty major events so a lot of people go all out for them. As long as they don’t get more done-up than the bride, I think it’s ok ;).

Post # 4
17 posts
Newbee

I’ve never heard of that. I totally agree with you, that sounds really odd to me.

Post # 5
898 posts
Busy bee

Ive heard of mothers of the bride getting it done, but even at the wedding I was in, the MOB and MOG got theirs done after we had all left. I wouldn’t wan to spend all that money as a guest, but whatever floats their boat.

Post # 7
900 posts
Busy bee

I think sometimes close aunts and cousins will do it.

Post # 8
2719 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Never heard of it. Mothers I could see, but everyone else-not so much

Post # 9
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Some people have different priorities. If someone with wavy hair wanted to get their hair straightened for a wedding, that might not be too odd. And some of my black coworkers get their hair done every weekend in nice flips or chignons, but they have to pay someone to do their hair because of the texture. That’s not strange.

I wouldn’t worry about it. You’ve made it clear you only want your BMs with you that morning. That’s all you have to worry about. Seriously though, you’ll have so much to focus on that day with your new hubby, I doubt you will notice Great Aunt Betty’s updo that much at all.

Post # 10
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

@whitesonnet- I was just about to post the same thing. Im black, most of my guests were black. Nearly everyone got their hair done, just not with me. I set up appointments for all of the out of town guests. My MU artist also did people’s make up in my room while the Bridal Party was taking pictures. The sylists know not to give the guests “more” than the bride, so I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Post # 12
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Your wedding is a reason for them to want to dress up pretty. Maybe yours is not a black-tie event but for fancy weddings, I think it would be quite common. Nevertheless, at least you’l have nice-looking guests. that’s a plus.

Post # 13
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Well here it is normal for the sisters of the bride and groom and the mother and even aunts to have themselves madeup professionally. I don’t think that other guests do that though … not sure. If they have the money and want to … why not? If it’s just a casual event I think it’s not needed … I wouldn’t. I actually wouldn’t have my mu done for a wedding if it weren’t my sister or immediate family member … but I do like to have my hair done. I always get it blown out for things like that.

P.S. I almost never wear mu and if I do it is pretty much not visible! So maybe that makes a difference?

Post # 14
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think it’s pretty common to get your hair and/or makeup done for a wedding.  Weddings are big events.  You’re getting all dressed up so you want to look nice from head to toe. I know my Mom and her friends ALWAYS get their make up and hair done for anyone’s wedding. I’ll get my hair done sometimes, (depending on how formal the wedding), and sometimes have my makeup done at the makeup counter at a department store. 

I think you shouldn’t worry about what your guests are going to look like. It does not reflect on you at all and will not take away from you either.  also, i’m sure on teh day of, you won’t even notice their hair. 

Post # 15
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

LOL @Noelle at the big texan hair. HAHAHA! You know what though, I hot set my hair so it will look like that sometimes. Im guilty of loving big texas/beyonce hair. LOL!!

The topic ‘Guests getting professional hair & makeup-normal?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors