(Closed) Gulf Coast & FL Panhandle Destination Brides: Gulf Coast Spill

posted 8 years ago in Florida Panhandle
Post # 4
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Our wedding is May 30 and a lot of people are traveling from out of town. And you know what people are coming to see you get married and to be part of the celebration. If they can’t swim oh well.

Post # 6
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Bellenga – I really am not sure what to tell you, it really is just a sad sad situation.  I think in order for you to make a decision you should think about what your options are.  For example, if the beaches aren’t open, is that a deal breaker for you?  Where would you move the wedding? 

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Hello,

I am a research assitant for a scientific company in lower Louisiana and can tell you for the moment with wind activity the oil has moved into the Louisiana coast currently.  My advice is for upcoming weddings for the next few week along Florida panhandle is go ahead however any weddings past early june please be prepared to move beachside weddings elsewhere.  I am not wanting to be the person with negative thoughts but as a researcher always prepare for either outcome.  I am also planning my wedding along the Florida panhandle for the following year, so I am very saddened by this situation and completely lost for words for the coasts a devasting effect this is having.  To check for uptodate oil information check onto NOAA websites if haven’t already.  Best of luck to all.

Post # 8
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I live here and my wedding is on the Bay in Alabama …I am really worried bc my family and his are all coming in from out of town..I have decided im going to look at it this way….People are coming to see YOU get married….at least we will have a pick of places to eat, things to do without it being packed…..You can still walk on the beach and just swim in the condo or hotel pool… I understand what your going through and i have been worried about it for a long time. But I have to much to be happy and excited about to let Bridal Party or some oil ruin it…. Good luck and if you need any updates or anything i will be happy to fill you in:) 

It is very sad what is happening down here and by the looks of it this will not be going away any time soon.  All you can do is pray for the families that are affected by this and all the animals. 

The topic ‘Gulf Coast & FL Panhandle Destination Brides: Gulf Coast Spill’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors