(Closed) Hair & Make-up

posted 9 years ago in Seattle
Post # 3
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I haven’t spend a whole lot of time looking into this since my wedding is still almost a year out and I might have my hair done but have a friend do the make-up.

But one suggestion that I have is Duque Salon in Ballard. Bruno is the boyfriend of a friend of mine and he cuts the hair of at least 6 girls I know. Fabulous job. I don’t know how they do with make-up, but it’s a very reputable place.

They have a few more reasonable deals on their website:

spendless love package
$250

for the bride on a budget.  skip the polariods, we can turn any woman into a bride in two hours flat…wedding hair + make-up + a picture perfect manicure.  the three basics that won’t break the bridal bank.

you may kiss the bride package:

make-up consultation, one hour -two looks-choose your favorite 
$100
make-up application, flawless makeup (includes lipstick tube to go) 
$150

beauty student: (might be good if you want the consulation but can execute yourself)

60 min   
$70
this hands-on, how-to lesson will perfect your beauty techniques, match you with the right colors, hide your flaws and shine your star! we promise to tutor you till you leave with an a+

I also found this article. It’s several years old but might be a good starting point (but expect prices to be higher):

http://www.nwsource.com/shopping/columns/stylefile/kathy_061605.html

Good luck! And I would appreciate it if anyone else has some input!

Post # 4
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I recommend Natalie at Habitude in Ballard.  She’s totally awesome and Habitude charges the normal cost of an updo.  As far as a trial run goes, I’m not sure- you would probably have to check.  They do makeup there as well, with a trial and day of as $105 and up; however, if you are interested, my friend who is the assistant manager of the Bare Minerals store at Bellevue Square is a freelance makeup artist (she uses all different brands of makeup, not just Bare Minerals; she does makeup for weddings and proms all the time so she has lots of experience) who I can put you in touch with.  I am not positive as to what she is charging but I can find out for you! PM if you are interested in more info and I can find out for you 🙂

Post # 5
1032 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I loved my hair and make-up girls. There did great work and the prices were resonable. I also liked that they came to me….no traveling to the salon.

I used this woman for my hair and then she brought along a woman to do my makeup. I beleive she has a few people she works with so that she can accomidate larger groups. He work was great and she was super freindly too! 🙂

http://www.angalinasandoval.com/

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I had Salon Maison and they were fabulous!  They came to me for the trial and the wedding day.  It was $350 (including the onsite trial) and definitely worth it.  I got quotes from Tiarra and she was $360 and you had to come to her for the trial.  Erin Skipley was even more expensive at $540 with a trial at her studio.  You can see my wedding at http://bridepicks.com/blog/2009/11/real-weddings-1109/

I would definitely recommend Salon Maison, I have never looked so awesome and it stayed all night!  http://www.salonmaison.net

Post # 7
53 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I get my hair cut and foiled at the Gary Manuel Aveda training institute up on Capital Hill and they do an amazing job every time.  While I haven’t done an updo there I have seen them do it on other people and it always looks great.  They only charge I believe, $15 an hour.  Most of their students are there over a year so I imagine you could have the same one do a trial run and then your hair the day of.  You could probably even get a trial done and if you like the person just hire them outside of the school, I know most of them do side work.  They also do makeup but I’m not sure the extent of it.

On another note, my friend had her wedding hair and makeup done by Vain in Belltown and it looked amazing.  2 stylists came to the venue and also did all of us bridesmaids hair for only $45 each.

Post # 8
618 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Catholic Church & The Engine Room at Georgetown Studios

Makeup: I love blush- very reasonable- you can do hair through them too, but I’m going to a local salon.

Post # 9
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Sorry Saphirebride, but TPHoliday stay away from Duque Salon!!  Check out their Yelp reviews, awful.  I worked at Habitude salon for years at their front desk, the one thing I’ll say is that you never know until you do a practice with someone.  I personally tried to book brides only with stylists who I knew did a good job, but there are a lot of people who are terrible at updos. 

I was looking into fredericksofgreenwood.com for my wedding.  My hairstylist doesn’t do updos, and she recommended them highly.  They go to you on-site, which is nice, and are pretty reasonable as far as cost.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t blown away by their gallery pictures though. 

I’m planning on asking a friend who’s a stylist to do my hair.  She’s traveling from out of town to attend the wedding, but there isn’t anyone else I’d rather have in the room with us.  If she doesn’t want to (sad), I will go with either Jamie at Source in Ballard or Agnes at Suede in Roosevelt.  They are both Habitude alums and I have seen their work and know they will do a beautiful job. 

Good luck!

Post # 10
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Seriously, Erin Skipley is the BEST. She did my hair and makeup, and she was perfect!

Post # 11
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Not sure if you still need someone but I HIGHLY suggest Tiffany Lowry – she is AMAZING. She does my hair and she is also doing me and my entire party on my wedding day. She also does ALL of the work for Sarah Rhoads Photography. 

Post # 12
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I really like Meri Esther at Margi David-she’s done my hair forever and I’m excited to have her do my wedding hair. But, I’ve also had great luck at Phase 3, the advanced training salon for Gary Manuel.  Awesome!

The topic ‘Hair & Make-up’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors