(Closed) Hair & Makeup day of wedding?

posted 9 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Depends on the person but my hair took over 2 hours.  I did my own makeup and gave myself an hour for it.  Most salons say they will only take 45 minutes for hair and 30 minutes for makeup but I knew better.  I have super thick hair and it’s curly so I knew it would take over 2 hours.  It took over two hours at every trial too.  My makeup trial also took 45 minutes (when they said 30 minutes) but it turned out so poorly I ended up doing makeup myself on the wedding day.  

Post # 5
194 posts
Blushing bee

I would say after if you’re doing your own…i would say pretty close to ceremony time as well. I have a really hard time with eyeliner ( and i know alot of other girls who do as well ) smudging in the corner of my eyes! It looks so bad and everytime I look into a mirror and it’s there I get soo mad for Fiance not telling me to fix it! This is why I am thinking about getting my makeup done because I don’t want this to happen and I don’t want to have to go to the bathroom every half an hour to fix and reapply. Does this happen to anyone else? What are you going to do for your makeup? I really want to get my makeup done but the closest place is a half an hour away 🙁 not sure what I’m gonna do yet but suggestions would help!!

Post # 7
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

do your makeup after hair.  Otherwise all the hair spray and products they put in your hair will mess up your makeup.  

Post # 9
25 posts
Newbee

I would ask your hairstylist how much time he/she thinks they will need to do the three of you. As for makeup, I prefer it being done after the hair, especially with an updo. That way your hair is off of your face and out of the way. The hairspray comment is very true… if it gets on makeup it looks like snakeskin when it dries.

For the eyeliner problem, if it is a pencil liner that is smudging and getting messy you might want to try setting the pencil line by brushing a thin layer of eyeshadow in the same color on top. This will help set the wax in the pencil and prevent it from moving too much.

Post # 10
Bee
11826 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion

My hair + make-up probably took about 2 to 2.5 hours.  But I have a TON of really thick hair.

Post # 11
194 posts
Blushing bee

It’s not a pencil…I’m really not sure what it’s called. It looks like a pencil but it screws up like a lipstick almost. It’s the only eyeliner I’ve ever found that doesn’t make my eyes itch and burn like a pencil does and I don’t have a very steady hand so liquid is definately out of the question. I have to use fake eyelashes as well because mine are very thin and short and I want them to be full on the wedding day…still haven’t even attempted to put those on yet or even figure out what kind to buy…I think maybe I should just drive the half hour and have it done professionally! I’m soo confused!

The topic ‘Hair & Makeup day of wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors