(Closed) Hair & Makeup For Mom and FMIL?

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
  • poll: Did other bee's mom and FMIL get their hair and make up done professionally?
    Yes, they both got their hair & make up done professionally : (12 votes)
    43 %
    No, neither moms had their hair & make up done professionally-they did it themselves : (5 votes)
    18 %
    Just the mother of the bride had hair/make up done professionally : (9 votes)
    32 %
    Just the mother of the groom had hair/make up done professionally : (2 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    893 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I would want both moms to get their hair and make-up done professionally.  It’s once in a life time event and I’m sure they want to look their best for the occassion.  Plus, we all don’t know how to do our own hair and make-up.

Post # 4
    80 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I just booked our hair/makeup team.  My mom opted not to get her hair/makeup done, while my Future Mother-In-Law and all 3 of my BMs are all for it.  I’m fine with my mom not wanting to have hers done, whatever everyone is comfortable wiith is good with me.  And no one is going to notice in the photos that some have their hair makeup professionally done, while others don’t…everyone will be looking at how beautiful YOU look! 🙂

Post # 5
    3375 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

ugh both had theirs done. I hadn’t offered to pay and had told them the costs ahead of time, but one the day of I got stuck with the whole huge bill.

Post # 6
    3378 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

Both moms are having their hair done professionally – all the ladies are going to the salon the morning of the wedding (me, moms, bridesmaids, FI’s sister).  Everyone is doing their own makeup.

Post # 8
    4511 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

It’ll look fine. It’s not necessarily the case that pro makeup and hair = looking better, remember! I really believe that people look their best when they’re comfortable. For some, that means pro makeup. For others, that means doing their own. Either way, the bottom line is that you can’t really force anyone to get professionally glammed if she doesn’t want to.

Post # 9
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I understand your dilemma.  My mom does not like to be dolled up while me Future Mother-In-Law LOVES to.  I am just going to let them choose to keep the peace.. haha.. By The Way we ate DATE TWINS! (:

Post # 10
    5761 posts
    Bee Keeper

We both did, and my daughter’s Future Mother-In-Law was really nervous about it. Once she got started and saw how great she looked, she was pretty shocked. Her daughter (a BM) also opted not to until she saw everyone else. She had hers done too and loved it.

I wear a full face and do my hair everyday so I wasn’t expecting much, but I have to say the professional makeup took years off both our faces! The highlighting and contouring was wonderful.

Post # 11
    1458 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I’m leaving it up to them because we are having the hair and makeup people coming to the hotel. Future Mother-In-Law is really into makeup and fashion, so she definitely wants to and is really excited about it. We are trying to convince my mom, though she has never worn makeup a day in her life for as long as I have been alive at least. I think it really should depend on what they want – if my mom doesn’t want it done, we won’t force her, I just think it’d be nice to get pampered for the both of them!

Post # 12
    451 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

My Future Mother-In-Law is so now a girly girl. which is fine- I love her the way she is. She has mentioned that her hair dresser will come to our home and do that ladies hair- but my Future Mother-In-Law has short hair,like can’t even put it up short, and usually just washes it and lets it dry, so the most she’ll be getting is a helmet of hairspray so it doesn’t move.

My mother on the other hand takes almost 2 hours to get ready before she can go out. I have no doubt that she will spend that much time getting ready (or more) for my wedding. She will probably do her own makeup, but want her hair done by someone else.

The topic ‘Hair & Makeup For Mom and FMIL?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors