(Closed) Hair & Makeup on location question

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
57 posts
Worker bee

@liartist:  Hi!  My make-up artist is going to be on location to do mine and my bridesmaids makeup.  She had a contract laying out the prices for me and the bridesmaids and the time she is to arrive on site.  She basically wrote out the services to be performed, the cost, and the date, location and time she’s to arrive, how payment of services are to be made, cancellation policy, information about trial make-up (mine has it as a bulleted item stating it’s highly encouraged) and there’s something in here about not being liable for omissions or failure to perform due to sickness, acts of God, etc.  Mine has that she will send someone in her place should she not be able to be there.

Hope this helps!

Post # 4
Hostess
23602 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@liartist:  We did this.  Shoot me a PM and I can share it with you!

Post # 6
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

If you search “contract for on site makeup artist”  you will get a ton of examples.

Post # 7
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

If you girls don’t mind me asking, what are you paying?  I got quoted $1K for make-up for me, my mom and my Maid/Matron of Honor.  That seems excessive…I didn’t think I needed THAT much help! 😉

Post # 8
286 posts
Helper bee

@Bubalou:  LOL that made me laugh. i agree though, that is wayyyy too much!

Post # 9
30 posts
Newbee

Hi! I’m a hairstylist and makeup artist, Im also freelance as far as weddings are concerned

I actually just went down to Fl to work a beach wedding . (I am from Tn)

I always have a contract for my brides, prices cancelation fee, how many in bridal party, I also have to have this for tax purposes.

1000 is a bit much but that has a lot to do with location. My prices are usually $65 hair and $65 makeup per person.

Also I would highly recommend to ask if she is a certified makeup artist, many are NOT and self taught. Which leaves room for problems such as poor sanatation.

I received my certification in Nashville Tn, and learned that there are not many certified.

I hope this helps you, let me know if you need anything else!

Post # 11
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Tab— Thanks for that info !

Post # 12
30 posts
Newbee

Your welcome!

The topic ‘Hair & Makeup on location question’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors