(Closed) Hair & Makeup Vent

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1501 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Are there any other companies you could go with? I don’t think asking for an invoice/contract is asking too much. In fact I don’t think I’d be comfortable paying a deposit without one.

Post # 4
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would definitely get an invoice or something in writing that spells everything out of what services you are receiving as well as the price. Or, look around and see if you can find another vendor. Sorry this is happening to you:( This should be an easy arrangement to make. I don’t understand all of the confusion and mixups going on at their end.

Post # 5
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m so sorry that you have to deal with this!! It really should be a rather simple process!! My hair/make up vendor provided me a simple one page contract to sign and return with the deposit. The services and costs are listed as well as the appointment time. I had the option to have her come to me (for a fee) or go to her salon. I am having a destination wedding and had to find my vendors via internet and ended up finding her by reading another bride’s review. I would keep looking, ask your other vendors for recommendations too!

Post # 7
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@MrsDulce: Yeah, there really is no excuse for their lack of communication. IMO, I wouldn’t feel secure sending in a deposit. I think your best bet is to start over on your search. Since you are having a destination wedding, I am not sure what the timeline is to have this booked by. It sucks to have to go through this, but hopefully it will all work out in the end. Good Luck:)

Post # 8
6823 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Is there a way you can actually call them? 

Post # 10
928 posts
Busy bee

I’m so sorry that you’ve had this really difficult time booking your h/m vendor 🙁 It really shouldn’t have been that hard on their part and for them to continually mix up your date and not be consistant?

I would suggest starting over and request to meet with them personally to discuss things. Set up a meeting at a Starbuck’s or local coffee shop and come with a list of questions and pen/notepad ready to take notes. If you really like A’s work, start over by requesting a meeting and go from there.

I’m really sorry you’ve had this hassle. I briefly went through this before I got my planner and from then on, it was all in person meetings with potential vendors. Have you thought about hiring a planner to help you? They may seem like an extra expensive expense but if you do some research, I promise you can find one. We didn’t budget for one but after briefly trying to plan my out of town wedding on my own plus going to school, I knew I had to find a way. I found a GREAT one and she was within budget, plus she’s already saved us some money on things and brought all the best and most trustworthy vendors to me.

Hang in there *hugs*

Post # 13
928 posts
Busy bee

@omgsprinkles: O well ha yea, that would be a good reason why you can’t meet with them in person. For some reason even though you mentioned the out of town, it either didn’t register and/or I’m thinking you’re looking at h/m where you live that would travel (ha I don’t know). I’m glad this is the last thing on your list! You will be so relieved not to have anything else to do for a long while! Good luck!

The topic ‘Hair & Makeup Vent’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors